Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Australia. We have almost 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of over 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
We are looking for a Head of Growth Marketing to join our world-class team. Reporting to the SVP of Growth, our Head of Growth Marketing will accelerate our rapidly growing community by driving the strategy and planning of all our digital activity.
This person will closely oversee a team of paid marketers focusing mainly on digital, video and social as well as build our SEO and organic efforts. This person will be responsible and accountable for the planning, developing, implementing, managing and reporting of the digital strategy. This is an extremely cross-functional role and this person will also work closely with other teams such as Data, Product and Markets.
- Devise targeted brand, acquisition and retention strategies across all digital channels
- Responsibly manage budget and performance goals
- Partner up with our Data teams to better understand our users, develop measurement frameworks and test new strategies
- Partner up with our Marketing Technology team to build data foundations, automation and set-up new tooling to improve the operations and activities run by the team
- Partner up with Brand marketing and Market teams on strategic digital campaigns and creative assets
- Conduct in-depth analysis of campaign results and use these to iterate on future plans. Being able to understand how to apply learnings from one market to the next market is a key component
- Continually test new marketing channels, ad formats, creative, and copy.
- Ideally 8+ years of digital media experience, ideally client side in global set-ups
- Previous experience in Paid Marketing (Paid Social is a strong plus) and SEO, ideally in an App-first environment
- Experience with different attribution methodologies and incremental measurement frameworks
- Passionate about delightful user experiences and connected journeys
- Good mix of data driven thinking but with appreciation for the creatives
- Self-sufficient for every day reporting and basic analysis (including cohort analysis). Comfortable pulling reporting from the marketing platforms and Looker is a must, Excel super-user, etc.
- Strong communicator, including storytelling through data
- Self-starter and problem solver
- Previous management experience of people with diverse skills and backgrounds
- Previous experience in fashion and marketplaces is a strong plus
- Insight into Millennial and Gen-Z behaviours and attitudes is a plus
- Previous experience managing agencies is a plus
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6 percent on your pension based on qualified earnings and have retail discounts from benefithub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.