Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Australia. We have over 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of over 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
Right now, we are looking for a Senior SEO Manager to accelerate our growth at Depop. We are an App first business that is rapidly growing into Web, so this is the ideal opportunity to hire a specialist to help drive Depop's global SEO forward.
In this role, you will partner up with our Product, Engineering, Design, Analyst and Content teams, to be able to drive best-in class SEO techniques to help us improve our foundations and meaningfully grow the channel.
As the Senior SEO Manager you will take ownership of SEO strategy and execution to ensure that we continue to be at the forefront of the way customers browse and shop on Depop.
- Set the SEO strategy and drive its execution through a cross-functional team dedicated to this workstream
- Define and own the budget for SEO, including reporting back the performance the channel is driving and preparing business cases for additional investment when needed
- Define and roll-out a measurement framework for SEO performance and measurement
- Leading complex deep dives to understand performance gaps and opportunities to unlock growth including website audits, crawl analysis, keyword research, etc.
- Inform content strategy at a local level based on competitive landscape, SEO research, trends and insights
- Evangelise across teams best practices for SEO across different pillars: technical foundations, content, PR, etc.
- Ideally 5+ years of relevant SEO experience, ideally in a social marketplace or e-commerce business growing at scale
- Deep understanding of SEO best practices and building internal processes to ensure we are always respecting them
- Capable strategic mindset that will allow this person to focus activity on meaningful levers based on insights and competitive advantage. Good balance of big picture thinking without neglecting the details
- Strong execution skills, especially working with cross-functional groups and leading complex projects to completion
- Structured, organised and with top notch attention to detail
- Data driven mindset with the ability to be fairly independent on analysing opportunities and performance
- Fast learner who is not afraid to test new ideas and learn from them, even if they are not all successful
- Experience with 3rd party tooling for SEO
- Previous experience on App first businesses making meaningful strides in building a Web presence
- Experience in large scale operations - we have a huge number of unique items and members in our platform that are constantly changing
- Interested in the content and appeal for Millennial and Gen Z behaviours and attitudes
- Go the extra mile with data and "hacky" tools - knowledge of SQL, Python, etc.
- Experience operating in the US market
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6 percent on your pension based on qualified earnings and have retail discounts from benefithub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.