Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York, Los Angeles and Australia. We have almost 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us here
Right now, we are looking for an Automation QA Engineer to be based at our London HQ, who has a passion for automation testing and building quality products. As our product and customer base grows, you will be supporting us on our path towards achieving more frequent releases, increasing stability and reducing lead time.
- Understanding how the Depop app functions, the flow of code and how it interacts with different components.
- Understanding user expectations, and product objectives to create and execute test cases.
- Setting up, maintaining, and performing test automation frameworks on Mobile, Web, and Backend, as well as building test scenarios and acceptance tests.
- Mentoring and coaching Depop’s QA Engineers.
- Investigating user problems referred to you by the Product teams, testing bugs, and creating and managing bug reports.
- Working with Platform teams, resolving build pipeline issues and offering inputs on the testability of functional elements and product designs.
- Constantly looking for ways to expand and improve on our current automation framework and workflows.
- Supporting the final quality of production release.
You are someone who:
- Loves working in an agile, collaborative and dynamic environment
- Values human interaction and face to face communication
- Wants to make an impact every single day
- Values pyramids over ice-cream cones
- Despises flaky tests
- Knows what constitutes useful automation, and how to write it
- Wants to innovate in the technical space, and tells the world about it
- Is not afraid to experiment with new technologies and is keen to explore
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools (preferably Appium or Selenium)
- Proven working experience in software development following Agile methodologies
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive acceptance criteria and test cases
- Experience with JIRA (Zephyr or X-ray management is advantageous)
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject preferred
- Strong knowledge with API testing
- Experience with native mobile applications testing
- Experience with performance and security testing
Want to find out more about Depop & our engineering team?
We write about technology, people and smart engineering right here - https://engineering.depop.com/
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6 percent on your pension based on qualified earnings and have retail discounts from benefithub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.