Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 16 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
We are looking for a passionate Head of Marketing to lead our growth efforts across the US and drive business impact by developing & implementing holistic, multi-channel marketing plans. You will report to our US Country Manager and work closely with our HQ marketing functions and commercial teams.
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing strategy, plans & campaigns across the US. You will be responsible for owning the full strategy across the marketing funnel from brand awareness through to consideration and activation of users. You will ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts and partner with marketing leads at HQ to ensure global brand consistency.
- Champion the US across the business. You will collaborate closely with key commercial, financial, community and product stakeholders at HQ - acting as a thought leader around serving the US market both internally & externally.
- Own marketing KPIs and growth objectives for the US. You will own the US marketing budget with the responsibility to demonstrate incrementally & positive ROI on spend. You will track and share business KPIs, recognizing trends, troubleshoot issues and identify opportunities to accelerate growth.
- Deliver integrated, 360 marketing campaigns. You will deliver campaigns through the management of local marketing budget, engaging HQ teams (performance/paid, CRM) on the most efficient activities to fuel growth across channels. You will also lead cross-functional projects with brand, product, and commercial; merging insights, data, and creativity to produce the most effective campaigns.
- Lead, develop and coach a team: Recruit, manage, train & develop a growing US marketing team across multiple disciplines, ensuring they have the correct support and resources to succeed in their roles. You will work with the team on long-term goals for their growth, personal wellbeing and help them measure success.
- You have 8+ years of marketing experience running successful brand-led, data-driven growth strategies
- You have 5 + years of relevant team leadership experience. You have a flair for people leadership and have hired and developed high-performing teams.
- You have a results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action and a “no job is too small” attitude
- You know the US market well, including local versus national marketing needs, agency set up etc.
- You are comfortable in a startup environment, able to move quickly and wear many hats in a dynamic environment
You have experience in:
- Presenting strategy work to exec teams, possess strong communication skills, and have the ability to build relationships between teams
- Dealing with cross-functional teams, managing multiple agencies including creative & media
- Extensive experience in managing significant budgets
- Demonstrably with effective and strong marketing campaigns
Bonus points for:
- Experience at a satellite office
- Having a fascination with consumer-facing mobile-first products
- Experience at an e-commerce/tech company
- P&L ownership
Depop offers the opportunity to work with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer full medical, dental and vision plans, as well as healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday and lunch every Thursday.
Financial: 401(k) - a plan to help you save for the future and to save on taxes - anyone aged 21 and over will be automatically enrolled with a base contribution of 3%.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday + public holidays, with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. We have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.