Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 16 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
We are looking for an experienced and talented individual to join our Community Experience team in London to lead and coordinate our outsourced operations, and run workforce management across a large global team for both Moderation and Support agents. You will be an integral part to ensure our global community is safe while protecting our brand.
You will be hands-on and a strong problem solver with an ability to take ownership of multiple functions across the organisation as we take the next step with outsourcing and forecasting. The role has accountability and responsibility for the effective management, monitoring, control and provision of the outsourced partner that directly supports all user requests and content moderation within Community Experience at Depop, as we continue to scale. This includes managing the outsourced vendor and its quality assurance with significant vendor OPEX budget to ensure continued efficiency, scalability and quality across all workflows.
- Working closely with the current Leadership team within Community Experience to drive performance of our vendors, and be close to workforce management to drive scaling needs
- Manage forecasting based on data and insights and not hesitate to flex our team where they need to be, to help our users
- Deliver reporting on relevant changes and impact, with ability to present your findings clearly and constructively to managers
- Ensure compliance with the regulatory compliance framework alongside our Legal and Finance teams, and ensure effective controls for operations between tooling and outsourcing teams
- Manage both internal and external stakeholders and ensure great communications on all aspects of the relationships
- Work closely with our internal continuous improvement team to understand how and where we can improve our processes and workflows, and brainstorm great new ideas - and make them happen!
- Hands on experience managing large scale content moderations and support teams in an internet company
- In depth knowledge of outsourcing/offshoring business processes and vendor management landscape
- Experience interfacing with Public Policy, legal and product teams
- Proven expertise in insights tools including SQL, LookR, Zendesk, Excel and GSuite
- Proven experience developing strategic change
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- This role will require some travel and working hours that at times will match the global structure of our team and partners
- Someone who can continuously drive improvements in workflows and tasks to improve internal KPI’s and meet business wide OKRS
- A brilliant relationship manager, willing to drive communication and feedback whilst holding Vendors accountable to SLAs
- Have the strategic planning to think 3 steps ahead to prevent any downtime by working with our Scheduling Specialist to forward plan our team coverage
- Build and optimize tools and reporting that align with our fast scaling needs, and challenge what we already have
- Proven track record of exceeding operational targets
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6% on your pension and offer discounts through BenefitHub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.