Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 16 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
As a People function, we have an ambitious and important mission. We are helping build a company that everyone will want to work for, where our people have impact, feel valued and can grow personally and professionally. We’re at 250 people and growing by 100 each year. To support this growth we are looking to hire our first ever L&D professional to build and design a Learning / People Development function from scratch.
Reporting into the Director of People and collaborating across teams, the L&D Manager will be able to define the scope of their role, with a chance to build a team over time and work with a network of external providers and experts. There is a hunger from our teams to learn and improve, and you’ll be empowered to work at pace, experimenting and iterating on projects that help up-skill and enable our people to deliver against our strategic priorities.
- Conduct learning needs analysis and internal research to understand our capability gaps
- Develop a staged plan to address the business’ needs, prioritising against budget and time
- Design and deliver a suite of learning interventions for all levels in the business
- Regularly facilitate training sessions with teams from formal modules to lunch and learns
- Design and deliver programmes to up-skill our line manager capabilities
- Design and implement L&D tools and technology to support the development of our talent, working with external providers as needed
- Manage our L&D budget, researching and advising on external training, maximising ROI
- Take a data driven approach to capability building, measure effectiveness of training interventions
- Support People Ops on employee experience, including the on-boarding process
- Support the Director of People on the execution of our diversity & inclusion strategy and embedding values
Experience / Skills
- Track record of delivering value in multiple L&D roles, ideally across varied environments
- Interview and diagnostic skills, able to quick synthesise information and diagnose core issues
- Experience designing, building and delivering impactful learning journeys
- Confident facilitator, able to delivery training to groups and individuals on a range of topics
- Exposure to management development and performance management systems
- Able to conduct desk-based research / extract knowledge from SME’s
- Depth of knowledge about best practice and techniques in adult learning
- Comfortable managing relationships with stakeholders, vendors and external providers
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6% on your pension and offer discounts through BenefitHub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.