Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 16 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
At Depop we believe in empowering our data scientists to take ownership of their work at every step of the development process by providing them with the tools and knowledge they need to do so. This also includes teaching our engineers to become better data scientists and our data scientists to become better software engineers.
- Translate complex business problems to machine learning solution
- Research and design machine learning algorithms to create smart capabilities such as personalisation, image recognition tasks, NLP tasks and more.
- Deploy machine learning algorithm to production using existing framework
- Elicit requirements from the relevant stakeholder
- Develop prototypes, before scaling the solution to work with our 15+ million users and deploy it to production.
- Optimise and maintain existing solutions to improve performance metrics and increase business impact
- Create necessary ETLs and data pipelines
- Participate in the team activities (agile ceremonies, journal club, engineering whiteboard sessions etc)
- Masters degree or Ph.D. in computer science, maths, statistics, economics or related disciplines
- Proven experience in Data Science/Machine Learning
- Proven ability to design end to end machine learning solutions to solve business problems
- Experience in at least one of the following: recommender system, search algorithms, computer vision
- Proven ability to influence product roadmap and strategy in previous role to maximise impact of machine learning
- Experience writing production grade code
- Strong knowledge of ways of optimise algorithms and their limitations
- Ability to communicate complex problems to technical and non-technical audiences, including a willingness to present at external functions (meetups, lunch and learn, conferences…)
- Ability to research machine learning techniques and develop prototype
- Passion for learning new skills and staying up-to-date with ML algorithms
- Be a team player in our collaborative environment
- Strong knowledge of Python, in particular packages like pandas, scikit-learn, NumPy, SciPy etc.
- Proficiency in writing SQL queries
- Strong experience with Spark (PySpark or scala spark)
- Experience deploying ML models to production
- Experience with Deep learning framework like Tensorflow/Keras/MXNet
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (for example, Athena, S3, lambda, Sagemaker)
- Experience and/or interest in e-commerce or fashion industry
- Experience in a product led environment
- Experience working in an agile environment
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6% on your pension and offer discounts through BenefitHub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.