Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 16 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
As one of London’s fastest growing tech companies, and an increasingly global business, we need excellent product people at all levels. We’re currently hiring for PMs at all levels to run cross functional teams with critical strategic remits, such as our web experience, and tooling to support a curated yet personalised experience. You’ll report directly to the Director of Product, and as well as working on your own area, have the opportunity to take a meaningful role in shaping our product management organisation as it continues to scale.
The main elements of this role are:
Deciding what to build:
- Developing a product strategy that maximises the value you can deliver to the business and our users based on the resources you have at your disposal
- Prioritising the features so that you deliver the highest impact features first, without losing sight of the long term vision
- Basing your decisions in rigorous analysis and a deep understanding of our users and business processes
Owning how we build it:
- Designing features that are simple, intuitive and beautiful
- Iterating rapidly to continually fold in new insights
- Removing obstacles to the team proactively, and making sure the team functions effectively
Keeping everyone aligned and informed:
- Aligning with the leadership team on their priorities and strategic goals
- Keeping all stakeholders informed about team direction and progress
- Motivating the team and giving them the context they need to reach their potential
- Beginner’s Mindset is one of our core values. We’re a learning organisation, and a group of people that thrive on getting better every day. Your curiosity and thirst for knowledge are more important than what you know already.
- Resilience. We’re scaling really fast. The things that we do today won’t work tomorrow. You need to be comfortable with the rate of change we’re going through, and excited by the opportunities that affords.
- Great commercial awareness. You think constantly about driving business results, and base your decisions in data, user interviews, and rigorous analysis
- A strong sense of ownership and be highly organised. You create order in the world around you and get huge satisfaction from delivering the highest quality features
- Excellent communication skills. You are logical, articulate, and can work collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders
Things that would be useful, but are not essential:
- Experience working on marketplaces or in e-commerce
- Experience working on in a mobile first environment or on social products
- A love of fashion, especially if you’re already part of the Depop community
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6% on your pension and offer discounts through BenefitHub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.