Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 16 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
Welcome to Depop. We are the community-driven marketplace where our users buy, sell and get inspired. With more than 15 million registered users in 147 countries, our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion.
We are a platform catering to how the next generation shops, perceive brands, uses technology and seeks community. Buying and selling on Depop is a social affair. We focus on individual sellers allowing them to create their own unique profiles, through which they become brands on their own.
To support us on our journey we’re now on the hunt for a Creative Lead to join the team in our New York office. You will report directly into our Senior Producer and will be working closely with our Marketing and Community. In this role, you will become our “brand bodyguard”, where you will uphold all of our creative content, whilst ensuring that all of our assets live and breathe Depop.
Sound like your thing?
- Execute strategic and operational initiatives in line with wider Depop growth targets
- Overall ownership of the Ambassador program which includes the management and performance of external agency
- Lead effective operational alignment with cross-functional internal teams
- Produce accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its lifecycle and deliver to internal stakeholders
- Track and analyze performance metrics against long-term strategic goals
- Successfully build and implement partnerships to mobilize influential community groups
- Ultimately, you will be a positive champion for powerful storytelling and insight-led creativity in everything we do. Excite the company about the creative possibilities of our story and bring them to life.
- Ensuring the Depop brand is always portrayed positively and that we partner with brands and talent who align with our values (community, entrepreneurship, sustainability)
- Partner with, and manage external creative, media and PR agencies to continue to build the Depop brand
- Recognise opportunities to grow and shape the Depop brand and business
- Collaborate closely with key commercial, financial, community and product stakeholders within the business
- Image and reference scouting for key campaigns
- Being proactive and making your own decisions, especially around the budget.
- A minimum of 5 years of previous experience of working in either a creative agency or in-house experience
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, demonstrating an ability for storytelling
- Highly creative, calm under pressure and a problem-solver, who is used to working to strict deadlines and own initiative
- A genuine passion for all things creative; up-to-date with emerging trends in Gen Z, social media, fashion, design, film, art, media and technology where relevant to Depop
- Highly organised and capable of managing many different projects at once
- Entrepreneurial, independent, and a self-directed person with a hunger to grow and achieve ambitious goals
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive team player that is collaborative and motivated
- Previous experience of working with software tools, such as Photoshop and Illustrator
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer full medical, dental and vision plans, as well as healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday and lunch every Thursday.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday + public holidays, with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.