Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 16 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
Our current Head of FP&A is going on maternity leave early next year and we’re looking for an experienced business partner with a highly analytical mind to oversee the FP&A function.
Having closed our Series C, we’re looking for someone to support the continued growth of our business. This is a crucial senior role for the business that works very closely with senior leadership and business owners at Depop. In this role, you will be the go-to person for financial planning and tracking, monitoring the ongoing business position on both a retrospective and forward looking basis.
The successful candidate will be in charge of developing the financial planning function with responsibilities ranging from day to day stakeholder spend planning and ROI analysis, through to long-term business health and opportunities for transformation. As a senior leader in the business, your role will play a significant part in contributing to our growth, comfortable to both support and challenge our senior stakeholders.
This role has exposure to all areas of the business, especially our investment areas of Marketing, Technology and International Growth. The successful candidate will be naturally inquisitive and very comfortable with handling large datasets and modelling. Currently with 1-2 reports, this role may include hiring as required. The successful candidate will thrive off our fun but fast-paced environment, they will be comfortable with challenging business decisions from a strategic viewpoint but also ready to be hands-on where needed.
This is currently a 12-month contract but given the speed of growth, there may be opportunities to extend or retain on a permanent basis dependent on business need.
- Management and leadership of Depop’s FP&A department, working alongside the Finance Director;
- Ownership of the forecasting, annual budgeting and longer-term planning processes;
- Establishing tracking mechanisms and providing regular insights to the business
- Establishing a robust forecasting mechanism, ensuring early warning on any deviation from plan;
- Understand, analyse and challenge key operating metrics and drivers and challenge management where results don’t meet Depop targets;
- Delivering medium and long term cash forecasts by working closely with the Financial Compliance team;
- Establishing strong relationships with business leaders & financial stakeholders
- Support the implementation of new systems and processes to strengthen the integrity and maximise the impact of the Depop’s reporting process;
- Implement robust outcome-focused analysis contributing to commercial decision-making
- Preparation of regular and ad-hoc analysis, reporting and presentations for Investor Relations, the CEO and the Board
- A qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CIMA) with considerable PQE within an SME or high-growth environment.
- Broad and comprehensive experience of complex financial modelling, planning, forecasting and reporting practices.
- High numerate with a data-focused mindset and ability to translate this for a non-financial audience.
- A team-player at all levels, with previous experience managing direct reports.
- A strong interest in digital marketing & consumer-facing product, in order to support Marketing & Growth functions.
- An able communicator, comfortable to prepare and present insights to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Previous use of XERO.
- Experience within digital, eCommerce or high volume transaction environment.
- Experience or exposure to VC/PE backed businesses.
- Has established processes within a multi-channel and multi-region business.
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6% on your pension and offer discounts through BenefitHub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.