Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 16 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, the Head of Brand Marketing is a key role in our global HQ with the responsibility of driving Depop’s global brand strategy and execution. This includes owning g brand and product marketing activities, and working in close partnership with marketing leads in other countries to deliver campaigns and activations globally. Overall, we are looking for an experienced marketer who is obsessed with youth culture and technology.
- Plan and drive the Brand Marketing calendar to reach agreed company objectives - including campaigns, activations, partnerships and collaborations, media planning, tracking and analysis of impact
- Leverage data to decide on the types of engagements to increase brand awareness, new sign-ups, and/or community engagement
- Ensure our brand message is strong and consistent across all channels and marketing efforts
- Own creation, delivery and effectiveness of globally-led marketing activities; and partner with marketing leads in other countries to ensure global brand consistency, with local market ownership and execution
- Collaborate closely with key commercial, financial, community and product stakeholders - acting as a thought leader around brand marketing, internally & externally.
- Manage a growing team across Marketing Managers, Creatives, Producers, Specialists (full-time and with freelance support where needed) to deliver world-class, effective marketing work
- Alongside CMO and other key Marketing Leads, consistently drive process and efficiency within the global marketing function
- Work hand-in-hand with the product team to ensure product development is in line with brand strategy
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for Brand Marketing
- Significant experience with innovative, creative brand marketing work, campaign development and execution.
- Demonstrable experience leading successful brand marketing campaign creation and delivery
- You’ve hired and developed high-performing teams, with a flair for people leadership. You’re able to set and prioritise goals, and be equal parts an inspiring and effective manager.
- Experience of working cross-functionally with media, creative, production and external agency teams
- Strong communication skills and ability to build relationships between teams, with experience presenting strategy work to exec teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit, growth mindset, and collaborative nature is a must. A “player manager” who can drive a diverse team, but also jump in to hands-on execution where needed
- Act as brand ambassador, consistently connecting and networking with relevant people/brands for future opportunities
- Core knowledge of excel / word / ppt, strong in the analytical side of marketing activities
- Biased towards action, proactively creating ideas and solutions, while working collaboratively within a highly driven team.
- A love for fashion, design and all things creative
What’s in it for me?
Having experienced phenomenal growth in 2017 and 2018, Depop is on a 3-year journey to become a $1 billion business operating in 5 major markets. In June 2019, Depop took a significant next step in achieving its ambitious goals, raising a substantial Series C funding round of $50m from a world-class investor: General Atlantic (previous investments include Airbnb, Alibaba, Buzzfeed, Delivery Hero, Facebook, Klarna, Slack, Snapchat and Uber).
Depop is at the forefront of a transforming fashion landscape, where young, stylish, passionate individuals will become the fashion and style icons and trend-setters of tomorrow.
You’ll have the opportunity to drive this expansion, whilst working with a stellar executive group that’s made up of talented, ambitious people with experience from a number of top-tier tech companies. Our team are passionate and genuinely love the brand.
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6% on your pension and offer discounts through BenefitHub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.