Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 16 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
Right now, we are looking for a passionate Head of Marketing to lead our growth efforts across the UK and drive business impact by developing & implementing holistic, multi-channel marketing plans. You will reporting to our UK Managing Director and work closely with our central marketing functions and commercial teams.
- Lead the development and implementation of marketing strategy, plans & campaigns across the UK. You will be responsible for developing x-channel plans across the full marketing mix. Owning the full strategy across the marketing funnel from brand awareness through to consideration and activation of users. You will gain a deep understanding of our customer segments and strategically direct focus alongside the Head of Commercial (UK) to ensure effective supply and demand matching.
- Own marketing KPIs and growth objectives for UK. You will own the UK marketing budget with responsibility to demonstrate incrementality & positive ROI on spend. You will track and share business KPIs, recognising trends, troubleshooting issues and identifying opportunities to accelerate growth.
- Deliver integrated, 360 marketing campaigns. You will deliver campaigns through management of local marketing budget, engaging central teams (performance/paid and CRM) on the most efficient activities to fuel growth across channels. This will include planning and executing IRL activations, from intimate gatherings to large-scale events. You will also lead cross functional projects with brand, product and commercial. This includes collaborating with the creative team: merging insights, data, and creativity to produce the most effective campaigns.
- Lead, develop and coach a team: Recruit, manage, train & develop a growing UK marketing team across multiple disciplines, ensuring they have the correct support and resources to succeed in their roles. You will work with the team on long-term goals for their growth, personal wellbeing and help them measure success.
- Ideally 8+ years marketing experience running successful brand led, data-driven growth strategies
- At least 5 years of relevant team leadership experience
- Extensive experience of managing significant budgets & deploying plans across a number of channels
- Demonstrable experience with effective and strong brand campaigns
- Experience dealing with cross-functional teams, managing multiple agencies including creative & media
- Impressive executive presence and communication abilities with the ability to influence
- Results-driven mentality, with a bias for speed and action
- Comfort in a startup environment, able to move quickly and wear many hats in a dynamic environment
- A “no job is too small” attitude and team player
Bonus points for:
- Having a fascination with consumer facing mobile-first products
- A love of fashion and understanding of the Depop community
- Experience at a top-performing e-commerce/retail/tech company
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6% on your pension and offer discounts through BenefitHub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.