Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 16 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
Depop is looking for a Senior Agile Delivery Manager! You'll be a key member in any development or project team, working in partnership with the Product Manager and Tech Lead to drive the team to success, which we define as their ability to sustainably meet ambitious goals and continuously improve. Sound like your thing?
to find out more about Depop & our engineering team? Take a look at our blog!
We write about technology, people and smart engineering - https://engineering.depop.com/
- be accountable for your team’s success, by acting as a servant-leader for your team and finding ways for them to overcome any challenges.
- take an empirical approach to understanding where your team will most benefit from improvement efforts.
- ensure your team is set-up for success with the most appropriate methods and interactions.
- drive coordination, planning and estimation when it’s needed.
- be deeply embedded in your team and their work, you will strive to ensure the team feels connected with their mission and product.
- coach the team and individuals in making the best possible decisions given the information available.
Progression in the role will involve accountability for the holistic success of wider areas of the Engineering department including areas such as communication, hiring, professional development, on-boarding and team structure.
- A primary desire to achieve tangible results with a team and accept accountability for their success
- The desire to improve as an individual, for the benefit of your team. You must be coachable.
- A passion for agile and lean software development. You’ll be able to prove a broad knowledge of agile methods and techniques as well as a constant desire to improve your own understanding. You’ll need a solid foundation in agile and lean principles.
- Experience working as a full-time Scrum Master, Agile Coach or similar role.
- Experience in identifying and effectively implementing continuous improvement efforts
- Excellent skills in facilitation, coaching and mediation. You’ll have a natural talent for working with others and acting as a servant-leader.
- Ability to coach teams on the deeper principles behind the Agile principles and facilitate actual changes in outlook and behaviours
- A willingness to step outside of your comfort zone and try something new, e.g. writing a Python script to capture data on something you think might be a valuable metric.
Nice to have:
- Experience as a software developer or a good foundational knowledge of systems interactions (APIs, microservices, layered architecture…)
- Experience solving problems with code
- Experience working in a mobile first environment or a startup environment
- Scrum, Kanban or similar certifications
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6% on your pension and offer discounts through BenefitHub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.