Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 16 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Read a little more about us Here
Right now, we are looking for a Product Analyst to join our growing team in Manchester. You'll become an integral member of a cross-functional product team, and also support the wider commercial and growth operation at Depop.
As a fashion marketplace with millions of monthly active users and 500,000+ daily sales, we have a lot of data at our fingertips.
Our Analysts approach Depop's data through a curious and intriguing lens, to proactively generate insights that help shape business strategy. You will be a driver for growth initiatives and help teams across the business make better-informed, insight-led decisions from your recommendations.
You will also ensure that we are measuring and reporting on the right metrics in an accurate and timely manner and implement processes to do the same.
- Supporting teams with data & analysis: you will work with multidisciplinary teams (marketing, product, etc.) to provide insights and support as and when needed; you will also make recommendations backed by insights to relevant stakeholders that will help grow our business
- Coaching: you will be a champion of insight driven decision making in the business and coach people on all things metrics
- Making sure the business knows the numbers: you will ensure we have the setup in place to track the right metrics. You will own the design, development, and maintenance of dashboards and other automated reports that allow our teams to act from a highly informed position
- Managing our data pipeline: you will work with the data team on ETLs to ensure that the data is consistently accurate, reliable and up-to-date end to end - from collection to consumption
- Experience delivering in a high performing, data-driven team
- Strong proficiency in SQL and the ability to work with large datasets
- The ability to communicate complex problems and analysis simply with a variety of stakeholders (both technical and non-technical)
- An analytical mind with good problem solving skills and a love of numbers
- Commercial awareness and a proactive attitude to make a difference and drive impact
- A hunger to learn, natural curiosity and a keen eye for detail
- A strong sense of ownership and highly organised nature
Bonus points for:
- Having a fascination with consumer facing mobile-first products
- A love of fashion and understanding of the Depop community
- Experience working on a marketplace, in a mobile first environment or on social products
- Familiarity with tools like Mixpanel, Google Analytics, Branch etc
- Understanding of Python and some command over ETL scripts
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly!
Financial: We match up to 6% on your pension and offer discounts through BenefitHub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com. Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.