Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA, and have more than 16 million registered users in 147 countries.
We have a prime position in the UK where we estimate 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered. We are experiencing rapid growth (300% over two years) in the US; recently entering the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users (the only European player to do so).
And we’re just getting started.
Product & Design at Depop
As our community continues to grow, we’re looking for a Product Designer with a deep affiliation for user experience to help further improve the Depop experience across mobile and web platforms.
Our Product and Design teams help define the best digital environment for our users to enjoy Depop. As our product portfolio expands, providing a positive user experience is a core focus at Depop, with our passionate Designers bringing Depop to life.
You'll work in a highly collaborative, cross-functional team and take ownership of planning, designing and finalising features/solutions from start to finish.
Our design team love to help each other become better at what they do through knowledge-sharing, attending events and writing blogs. So if you have a passion for the tech design world, you're in good company.
Learn more about design at Depop in our new blog: https://medium.com/depop-design
- Create designs and prototypes for web and mobile platforms in line with Product development, whilst ensuring design best practice
- Work on a variety of new and existing features to improve the design and usability of an item
- Devising and running design sprints for product and design teams
- Collaborate with the wider Depop team to live test usability of designs (ie, Customer Support)
- Liaise with other team members where necessary (devs, pms, marketing, etc.) to discuss timelines and progress of projects
- Sketching initial design ideas (whiteboard, sketch, flowchart, etc.)
- Producing final UI and specifications
- Design and support on testing and user research
- Relevant experience designing user experiences for mobile platforms
- A good understanding of design principles
- Ability to identify usability and UX issues, propose solutions to these and ensure delivery on time
- Experience in translating user research and usability test findings to iterate product solutions
- Knowledge of iOS Human Interface Guidelines and Android Material Design
- Experience in using Invision and other prototyping tools (Origami, Principle etc.)
- Basic knowledge of Sketch, Zeplin and Abstract
- Ability to conduct user testing and act on user feedback
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of 'designing for accessibility'
- Naturally collaborative and supportive
- Able to give and take design critique constructively
- Inquisitive and eager to continuously improve and learn
- The ability to tell compelling stories about your designs and present your work with confidence
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
Financial: We match up to 6% on your pension and offer discounts through BenefitHub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.