Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA. We have more than 20 million registered users in 147 countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people are dedicated to serving the needs of our global community.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
As a fashion marketplace, Depop’s product teams are structured around buyers, sellers, and core marketplace capabilities. All of our product teams operate as cross-functional units, with members from product, design, engineering, analytics and data science supporting each team.
- The teams looking after Buyers are focused on optimising the search and discovery journey to help our buyers find the things they love, and on driving user engagement and retention.
- The teams looking after Sellers are focused on acquiring, growing and supporting high-quality sellers to improve the buyers experience, through better tooling and seller education.
- The teams looking after our core Marketplace are focused on building shared capabilities to improve the user experience, such as additional payment and shipping options, as well as protecting and supporting our community by building better tooling for our Trust & Safety and Customer Experience (CX) teams.
Right now, we are looking for a number of Product Analysts to join our growing product team in London. You will join one of our cross-functional product teams, and help drive your team to make better-informed, insight-led decisions that support our growth. You will also ensure that we are measuring and reporting on the right metrics in an accurate and timely manner and implement processes to do this.
- Supporting your team’s analytics BAU: you will work closely with the product manager, delivery manager, designers and engineers in your team to deliver against your product roadmap each quarter. BAU responsibilities include supporting discovery and prioritisation of new features, designing and interpreting A/B tests, and building dashboards and reports to track performance metrics.
- Strategic thinking: you will also be expected to become a thought partner for your team about analytics for your area of focus, using a variety of data sources to inform and drive your team’s future roadmap, by identifying and analysing opportunities to improve the user experience by fixing pain points or finding new ways to delight and engage users.
- Making sure the business knows the numbers: you will become the point of contact within your team for all things data, and you will engage with various stakeholders across the business to ensure decisions are as data-driven as possible.
- Managing our data pipeline: you will work with our data and engineering teams to ensure that the necessary tracking is implemented within your product area, and that our data pipelines are consistently accurate, reliable and up-to-date end to end - from collection to consumption.
- An analytical mind with good problem solving skills and a love of numbers
- Commercial awareness and a proactive attitude to make a difference and drive impact
- Strong proficiency in SQL and the ability to work with large datasets
- The ability to communicate complex problems and analysis simply with a variety of stakeholders (both technical and non-technical)
- Experience delivering in a high performing, data-driven product team
- A hunger to learn, natural curiosity and a keen eye for detail
- A strong sense of ownership and highly organised nature
Bonus points for:
- Experience working on a marketplace, in a mobile first environment or on social products
- Familiarity with tools like Looker, Google Analytics and Branch
- Understanding of Python and some command over ETL scripts
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eyecare vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counseling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Equality and Diversity Monitoring
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Depop recognises the benefits of a diverse workforce which reflects the wider population and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. Under the Equality Act (2010), Depop must demonstrate that their recruitment processes are fair and that we are not discriminating against or disadvantaging anyone because of their age, disability, gender reassignment status, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We need to ask applicants some questions to make sure that no one is being unfairly discriminated against or disadvantaged.
We collect this information only for anonymised monitoring purposes to help the organisation look at the profile of individuals who apply, are shortlisted for and appointed to each vacancy. In this way, we can check that we are complying with the Equality Act (2010).
Under the Equality Act 2010 the definition of disability is if you have a physical or mental impairment that has a 'substantial' and 'long-term' adverse effect on your ability to carry out normal day to day activities. Further information regarding the definition of disability can be found at: www.gov.uk/definition-of-disability-under-equality-act-2010
Reasonable adjustments will be made available should you be invited to interview.
When you apply to a job on this site, the personal data contained in your application will be collected by Depop Ltd, 08316342 ("Controller"), 9th Floor 107 Cheapside, London, United Kingdom, EC2V 6DN (“We”, “Us”) and can be contacted by emailing email@example.com.
Your personal data will be processed for the purposes of managing Controller’s recruitment related activities, which include setting up and conducting interviews and tests for applicants, evaluating and assessing the results thereto, and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment and hiring processes. Such processing is legally permissible under Art. 6(1)(f) of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) as necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Controller, which are the solicitation, evaluation, and selection of applicants for employment.
Your personal data will be shared with Greenhouse Software, Inc., a cloud services provider located in the United States of America and engaged by Controller to help manage its recruitment and hiring process on Controller’s behalf. Accordingly, if you are located outside of the United States, your personal data will be transferred to the United States once you submit it through this site. Because the European Union Commission has determined that United States data privacy laws do not ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data collected from EU data subjects, the transfer will be subject to appropriate additional safeguards under [either the standard contractual clauses or the Privacy Shield]. You can obtain a copy of the standard contractual clauses by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your personal data will be retained by Controller as long as Controller determines it is necessary to evaluate your application for employment. Under the GDPR, you have the right to request access to your personal data, to request that your personal data be rectified or erased, and to request that processing of your personal data be restricted. You also have to right to data portability. In addition, you may lodge a complaint with an EU supervisory authority.