Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. Our mission is to empower the next generation to transform fashion, and our team of nearly 200 people is dedicated to enhancing and developing the Depop experience to serve the needs of our global community.
We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in New York and LA, and have more than 16 million registered users in 147 countries.
We have a prime position in the UK where we estimate 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered. We are experiencing rapid growth (300% over two years) in the US; recently entering the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users (the only European player to do so).
And we’re just getting started.
The Depop Insights Team:
Depop’s Insights team sits at the heart of our business. As a fashion marketplace with millions of monthly active users, we have a lot of data at our fingertips. Right now, we are looking for a talented Senior Business Intelligence Engineer to become an integral member of our Insights team. In this role, you will help manage our growing information needs and support analysis of increasingly complex business problems by taking ownership of our BI and reporting tools, including Looker, and ensure that the data infrastructure supporting these tools runs smoothly.
- Responsible for the overall delivery of the entire BI/ETL pipeline, including product design, ETL development and delivery, resource scheduling and QA.
- Design, build and maintain data sets and table structures, and the ETL processes required to populate them, in order to enable key business processes and the design and development of analytics visualizations.
- Proactively identify and implement ways to improve data processes and warehousing for the Insights team.
- Design and own technical implementation of various BI tools needed by the business, including becoming the primary custodian of Looker and LookML within Depop.
- Support technical aspects of dashboard building and other data visualizations as needed by end-users.
- Support and coordinate other large-scale BI projects within Depop.
- Proficiency in SQL including a solid understanding of how to optimise query performance.
- Experience creating resilient ETL pipelines with workflow management tools such as Airflow or Luigi.
- Advanced knowledge in a high-level programming language commonly used in ETL pipelines, such as Python or Scala.
- In-depth knowledge of AWS data solutions such as Redshift, S3, and Athena.
- Familiarity with best-in-class BI and reporting tools like Looker, Chartio, Tableau, Mixpanel, Google Analytics, etc..
- Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner.
- Collaborative and humble team player with an ability to work with cross-functional teams, including technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Comfortable working in a fast-past environment and able to respond to change or uncertainty with a positive attitude and a willingness to learn.
- BA/BS in a technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, or Statistics, preferred.
Bonus points for:
- Previous experience in Looker implementation and familiarity with LookML.
Depop offers the opportunity to work in one of the UK's fastest-growing scale-ups, with a vibrant and diverse group of people, building a product we all deeply care about, in addition to:
Learn and Grow: We sponsor and run a myriad of programmes, conferences and meet-ups to up-skill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
Wellbeing: We care about wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership.
Mental Health: Mental health is a top priority for Depop. We offer subsidised counselling appointments through SelfSpace, have mental health first aiders and also run yoga, meditation and more.
Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism, and sabbaticals for our long-serving employees.
Family life: We offer flexible working (based on your team), generous parental leave policies, and, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
Financial: We match up to 6% on your pension and offer discounts through BenefitHub.
Fun: We love to celebrate our successes at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more.
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.