Our dental team at Water Street Dental Clinic has been dedicated to keeping Summerside and PEI healthy for 55 years. We pride ourselves on achieving and maintaining the dental health of all our patients, whether they're from Summerside or rural PEI! Equipped with effective techniques and technologies and a team of dental professionals who are committed to quality and excellence, Water Street Dental Clinic is here for you! We offer a wide range of dental services including general dentistry, cosmetic services, Invisalign, root canals, extractions and children’s dental services.
We are committed to staying at the cutting edge of dental technology to provide the best quality care to our patients in the most effective way. The technology used at our practice includes CAD-CAM Technology, Digital X-rays, Intraoral Scanner, and Diode Laser.
We pride ourselves on providing quality dental care and 4.8 stars on google reviews, evidence of our exceptional patient service, commitment to continuous learning and innovative technology. Additionally, through working within the dentalcorp network, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the industry’s leading clinicians and have greater access to the advanced treatment technologies and training & development, and support.
Schedule: Monday - Thursday from 8:00am - 4:30pm. Friday from 8:00am - 3:00pm.
We are currently looking to hire a Registered Dental Assistant to join our busy and well-established practice. The successful candidate will have a passion for building strong patient relationships and contributing to the ongoing oral health of their community. As a Registered Dental Assistant at our practice, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from a strong team of dental professionals.
The wage range for the Registered Dental Assistant position is $21-23/hour. Hourly wage is determined based on the candidate’s work experience and will be discussed during the interview process.
Why Should You Join?
- Competitive compensation & benefits: Our compensation packages are reviewed annually in a comparative study that ensures alignment with industry standards.
- Established and stable practice: Our successful practice is a leader in patient care, providing a range of services to a loyal and established patient base.
- Health & Safety and Compliance: The practice has a strong health and safety culture, with compliance measures embedded in every aspect of the workplace.
- Career development: A career with us ensures you have the support, tools, and encouragement you need to grow and evolve as a professional on your individual career path, including access to industry-leading continuing education through the award-winning DC Institute (dcinstitute.ca)
- Respect for our people: The team is built on a culture of respect and positivity, where we celebrate individuality and value each other’s unique strengths and contributions.
- Work-life flexibility: Everyone has a life outside the practice, and we are committed to helping each team member find a healthy, sustainable balance between home and career.
- Clinical chairside assisting duties including knowledge of instrumentation
- Establish strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical professional behaviour
- Prepare treatment room in accordance with infection control and practice protocols for each patient
- Thorough understanding of practice health and safety requirements
- Registered and/or certified as a Dental Assistant with the Dental Council of PEI (D.C.P.E.I)
- Certified with The National Dental Examining Board of Canada (N.D.E.B)
- Previous dental assisting experience is preferred
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Punctual and reliable
Total Rewards + Perks
Team members have access to a range of resources focused on enhancing their personal and professional lives. We provide annual compensation reviews and industry-leading learning and development opportunities. Our team members also enjoy extensive discounts on many services and activities including an exclusive corporate gym membership program; reduced rates on home and auto insurance; and unlimited access to a variety of discounted entertainment, hotels, products and services. Our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) connects team members and their families with complimentary, confidential, short-term counseling and advisory services. We are continuously evolving and enhancing the programs to offer our team members exclusive benefits that complement their lifestyle.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.