dentalcorp is Canada’s largest and fastest growing network of dental practices, committed to advancing the overall well-being of Canadians by delivering the best clinical outcomes and unforgettable experiences. dentalcorp acquires leading dental practices, uniting its network in a common goal: to be Canada’s most trusted healthcare network. Leveraging its industry-leading technology, know-how and scale, dentalcorp offers professionals the unique opportunity to retain their clinical autonomy while unlocking their potential for future growth.
Schedule: Full-Time (guaranteed 40hrs/week)
We are currently looking to hire a Self-Initiated Registered Dental Hygienist to join our dentalcorp Support Centre and support our practice teams by working at various practice locations within your region. This is a unique opportunity to gain experience in a multitude of practices and will suit someone who can bring a flexible and positive attitude everyday. Your manager will fill your schedule based on the practice’s needs on your committed work-days, while having mentoring, coaching and support to ensure you are successful in your role.
The ideal candidate is eager to learn, an independent clinician, open to new methods of supervision, adapts well to new environments, wants the best for their patients. We are looking for an upbeat, caring individual who is highly ethical, and is seeking a position that will rapidly expand their knowledge as a dental professional while maintaining their autonomy to their knowledge and skills to provide optimal patient care.
Why Should You Join?
- Competitive compensation & benefits: Our compensation packages are reviewed annually in a comparative study that ensures alignment with industry standards.
- Health & Safety and Compliance: dentalcorp has a strong health and safety culture, with compliance measures embedded in every aspect of the workplace.
- Career development: A career with us ensures you have the support, tools, and encouragement you need to grow and evolve as a professional on your individual career path, including access to industry-leading continuing education through the award-winning DC Institute (dcinstitute.ca)
- Work-life flexibility: Everyone has a life outside dentalcorp, and we are committed to helping each team member find a healthy, sustainable balance between home and career.
- Travel to practice locations as scheduled to provide required dental hygiene support for the scheduled patients at that practice
- Act as a brand ambassador of dentalcorp through living the company’s brand and message while visiting each practice
- Provide unparalleled customer service to each practice and their patients by going above and beyond to exceed expectations
- Appropriately assess, plan, implement and evaluate services for patient care
- knowledge of AAP program
- iTero scanning
- Perform all aspects of clinical preventative hygiene services including scaling, root planing, polishing, topical fluoride, pit and fissure sealants and whitening to patients
- Serve as an oral health educator by introducing new preventative techniques and counselling
- Provide a consistent patient experience during each hygiene visit
- Establish strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical and professional behaviour
- Establish and retain patient loyalty by delivering a tailored experience based on the patients’ expectations
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy to patients using effective communication skills
- Continuing education on DCI
- Successful completion of a Dental Hygiene Diploma or Hygiene Degree program
- 5-10 years of experience required
- Valid CPR Certification
- Must be available for flexible scheduling Monday – Sunday; scheduling is 5 days per week and the role has the potential to be fewer than 40 hours if preferred, this can be discussed during the interview process
- Familiar and comfortable working with various Practice Management Systems
- Technology savvy
- Comfortable using business e-mail and other forms of e-communication
- Exceptional customer service focus and mindset
- Strong written and communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Punctual and reliable
- Driver’s licence and reliable vehicle is required (KM and parking reimbursements)
dentalcorp Total Rewards + Perks
Team members have access to a range of resources focused on enhancing their personal and professional lives. We provide annual compensation reviews, voluntary RRSP contributions, and industry-leading learning and development opportunities. Our team members also enjoy extensive discounts on many services and activities including an exclusive corporate gym membership program; reduced rates on home and auto insurance; and unlimited access to a variety of discounted entertainment, hotels, products and services. Our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) connects team members and their families with complimentary, confidential, short-term counseling and advisory services. dentalcorp is continuously evolving and enhancing the programs to offer our team members exclusive benefits that complement their lifestyle.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.