Who you are
You are an innovative, service orientated individual who is excited to be a part of a fast-growing organization that enables the best to be even better. You are a Registered Dental Hygienist and have extensive experience working within a Dental Practice. You also have experience working in a corporate environment and enjoy making a positive impact within dental practices. You love working in a collaborative team environment, but also enjoy your autonomy to accomplish tasks and provide excellent service to our Partners and their teams. As an individual who is driven by excellence, you are eager to contribute to the success of one of Canada’s Best Managed companies
The Clinical Development Manager will be responsible for the integration of Clinical Development programs across a portfolio of practices supporting optimal patient care and the growth ambitions of our valued Partners. You excel at building strong relationships and influencing by building trust and credibility. You are a leader who is confident in influencing change across a portfolio of dental practices and implementing new processes and procedures.
- Implementation of Clinical Development programs (examples below) across a portfolio of practices; accountable for annual growth plans.
- Digital scanning and the treatment of malocclusion through clear aligner therapy
- Integration of the American Academy of Periodontology’s 2018 Classification of Periodontal and Peri-Implant Disease and Conditions
- Develop and support implementation of action plans across a portfolio of practices to:
- Elevate patient experience with industry-leading best practices.
- Increase acceptance of comprehensive treatment through enhanced patient education and value-building language.
- Integrate best-in-class patient record keeping.
- drive engagement for practice level staff
- Develop, share, and implement best-practices in all aspects of the clinical operation with the Practice Development Team to improve on-going Practice tools
- Monitor the on-going effectiveness of Clinical Development Programs and evolve as required.
- Mentor, develop, and lead Clinical Champions within a portfolio of practices.
- Actively promotes and lives dentalcorp values every day
- Ensure that any effort made by or contributed to by the Clinical Development team is performed at the highest ethical standard with priority given to the well-being of our patients
- Partners with a regional team (Directors of Operations, HRBP’s, Compliance and Practice Marketing) to achieve outstanding patient care and practice level outcomes
- Influence clinicians and team members on the value of clinical programs to drive adoption across your portfolio
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with clinicians and team members
What are we looking for?
- Registered Dental Hygienist
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a dental office as a Dental Hygienist.
- Minimum 5-7 years in a Regional Management position managing a portfolio of dental practices.
- Proven ability to deliver sustainable results across a large portfolio of dental practices.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously.
- Excellent leadership and collaboration skills; proven ability to establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships across diverse groups and levels.
- Strong background in coaching to assert program benefits
- Strong business acumen
- Proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
dentalcorp is focused on acquiring and partnering with leading, growth-oriented general and specialist dental clinics across Canada. Our unique value proposition allows our dentist Partners to retain their clinical and operating autonomy while we inspire them to achieve ambitious personal and professional growth. Our unprecedented strategic insights and expertise place our Partners at the forefront of delivering optimal patient care.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.