Who you are
You are an innovative, team orientated Manager who is excited to be a part of a fast-growing organization that enables the best to be even better. As a Manager you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and your ultimate goal is to ensure excellent service to our Partners and their teams. You enjoy being hands-on in your role and thrive off identifying innovative solutions for your team and the company. As an individual who is driven by excellence, you are eager to contribute the success of one of Canada’s Best Managed companies.
- Assist in the continuous evolution of a best in class holistic finance function;
- Prepare or review journal entries for all acquisitions, and prepare purchase price allocation calculations using internal models (IFRS3);
- Prepare or review contingent consideration / earnout calculations;
- Prepare or review working capital adjustment calculations;
- Review legal agreements to analyze accounting treatment of unique deal terms;
- Review legal agreements to analyze deal terms and ensure accuracy of drafting;
- Evaluate agreements and deal terms for complex accounting issues;
- Research, prepare and support accounting positions for complex accounting issues (e.g. stock-based compensation, share based payments, financial instruments, and derivatives);
- Support the year-end external audit and quarterly review process;
- Assist with the accounting, required reporting and cash flows relating to the Company’s current debt facilities;
- Assist with the accounting for the company’s lease portfolio (IFRS16); and
- Assist with accurate and detailed cash flow models to optimize debt financing and available cash on hand.
What we’re looking for
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent work experience;
- 3-5 years experience in a similar role within a fast-paced, high growth environment;
- Accounting designation (CPA or CPA CA);
- Strong technical accounting skills (GAAP, control certification, securities and regulatory, assurance) and experience in and knowledge of ASPE, IFRS, U.S. GAAP, internal controls (CSOX/PCAOB) and risk;
- Expertise in financial reporting cycle elements such as financial process design, budgeting and planning, financial reporting, accounting close/consolidation and business case development
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, purchase price allocation, and post-closing integration;
- Hands on experience, comfort and interest with ERP Systems, BI Tools/Cubes – experience with systems selection and implementation is an asset;
- Ability to live the dentalcorp values (Integrity, Collaboration, Innovation and Excellence) with every decision and interaction;
- Comfortable with a rapidly growing and dynamic environment;
- Detail oriented, hands-on, analytical, change agent with experience in and motivated by a high-growth, acquisitive, fast paced entrepreneurial environment;
- Superior analytical skills with ability to synthesize complex issues into actionable points;
- Demonstrated ability to perform under pressure;
- Able to manage competing priorities, meet deliverables while building relationships with colleagues;
- Adept and experience with modelling, analytical tools in Excel, and presentation and data visualization skills with PowerPoint;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to manage multiple large complex projects; and
- Committed to getting the job done in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
dentalcorp is Canada's largest network of dental practices, committed to advancing the overall well-being of Canadians by delivering the best clinical outcomes and unforgettable experiences. dentalcorp acquires leading dental practices, uniting its network in a common goal: to be Canada's most trusted healthcare network. Leveraging its industry-leading technology, know-how and scale, dentalcorp offers professionals the unique opportunity to retain their clinical autonomy while unlocking their potential for future growth.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.