At dentalcorp we enable the best to be even better. We are committed to providing unprecedented strategic insights and expertise that place our Partners and their teams at the forefront of oral care. As a Dental Hygienist within the dentalcorp network, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the industry’s leading clinicians, while having greater access to the most advanced treatment technologies and training & development.
dentalcorp is committed to our values in everything that we do. Our four key pillars - integrity, innovation, collaboration and excellence define us, inspire us and drive us to make a difference.
Schedule: Full-time salaried position, guaranteed 40 hours/week
Or: Schedule: Full-time or Part-time salaried position, guaranteed 40 hours/week (if Part-time, guaranteed hours can be less)
We are currently looking to hire a floating/on-call Registered Dental Hygienist to join dentalcorp and work at various locations within the Ottawa and surrounding areas on a permanent basis. This role will work across our practices in short-term assignments to cover open roles in our network that are key to maintaining operations in a practice. This is unique opportunity to gain experience in a multitude of practices and will suit someone who can bring a flexible and positive attitude everyday. You will report into the Manager of the Floating Team and will have mentoring, coaching and support to ensure you are successful in your role.
The ideal candidate is eager to learn, open to new methods of supervision, adapts well to new environments, wants the best for their patients, is an upbeat, caring individual who is highly ethical, and is seeking a position that will rapidly expand their knowledge as a dental professional.
As a Dental Hygienist at dentalcorp, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from a strong team of dental professionals in a team environment. This is a rewarding one-of-a-kind opportunity to further your skills in dentistry, while being an integral part of a growing team that is dedicated to providing excellent patient care.
What you will benefit from:
- Full medical benefits
- Access to continued education through our preferred partnership with dcinstitute.ca
- Join a community and network of dental practices and professionals
- Growth and development opportunities
- Competitive compensation and kilometre reimbursement
- Appropriately assesses, plans, implements and evaluates services for patient care
- Performs all aspects of clinical preventative hygiene services including scaling, root planning, polishing, topical fluoride, pit and fissure sealants and whitening to patients
- Serve as an oral health educator by introducing new preventative techniques and counselling
- Providing consistent patient experience during hygiene visit
- Establishes strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical professional behaviour
- Establish and retain patient loyalty by delivering a tailored experience based on the patients’ expectations
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy to patients using effective communication skills
- Successful completion of a Dental Hygiene Diploma or Hygiene Degree program
- Registered and/or licensed
- Must be available to drive to various dentalcorp practices within 50km of your home
- Must be available for scheduling Monday – Sunday, you will only work 40 hours throughout the week
- Valid CPR Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with dental software considered an asset
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.