Conveniently located near Hog’s Back Falls, Hog's Back Dental Centre has been providing dental services to the Central Ottawa community for over 40 years. Our dentist, Dr. Levi offers a wide range of dental services for the whole family, including general dentistry, cosmetic, sedation, extractions, and Invisalign®.
We pride ourselves on providing quality dental care and 4.8 stars on Google reviews, evidence of our exceptional patient service, commitment to continuous learning, and innovative technology.
Additionally, through working within the dentalcorp network, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the industry’s leading clinicians and have greater access to the advanced treatment technologies and training & development, and support.
Schedule: Full-Time (up to 40 hours/week)
We are currently looking to hire a Practice Manager to join our well-established practice. The successful candidate will play a critical role within the practice, accountable for driving practice performance, leading employees, and enhancing the patient experience. This leadership role demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for patient care as we strive to be leaders in oral health in Canada.
Why Should You Join?
- Career development: A career with us ensures you have the support, tools, and encouragement you need to grow and evolve as a professional on your individual career path, including access to industry-leading continuing education through the award-winning DC Institute (dcinstitute.ca)
- Inspirational leadership: Our practice is supported by leaders who inspire, motivate, and encourage leadership in others, through mentorship, professional development opportunities and modelling of values.
- Competitive compensation & benefits: Our compensation packages are reviewed annually in a comparative study that ensures alignment with industry standards.
- Established and stable practice: Our successful practice is a leader in patient care, providing a range of services to a loyal and established patient base.
- Health & Safety and Compliance: The practice has a strong health and safety culture, with compliance measures embedded in every aspect of the workplace.
- Network of experienced dental professionals: You will have opportunities for formal and structured mentorship with esteemed team members and colleagues and access to industry-leading experts in various dental disciplines.
- Respect for our people: The team is built on a culture of respect and positivity, where we celebrate individuality and value each other’s unique strengths and contributions.
- Work-life flexibility: Everyone has a life outside the practice, and we are committed to helping each team member find a healthy, sustainable balance between home and career.
Operational Planning & Execution
- Build and execute plans to improve daily operations of the practice ensuring maximum productivity, operational excellence and develop strategies to increase organic patient growth.
- Constantly review clinic environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching and direction to team.
- Accountable to achieve financial objectives focused on increasing revenues (visits & services), EBITDA, optimizing labour models, consumables, and other controllable expenses.
- Manage all aspects of the dental practice finances by reviewing and improving practice reports.
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding production goals and controlling operational costs, while maintaining high profit margins.
Compliance & Patient Safety
- Partner with Compliance, DC Institute and Human Resources to ensure the clinic is fully compliant and meets the provincial health regulation standards.
- Manage and oversee all compliance programs within the practice, while leading by example to ensure patient safety is a top priority.
- Work in accordance with the practice’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and in compliance with applicable provincial legislation.
- Lead, coach and motivate the team to improve productivity, engagement and retention of patients.
- Drive the implementation of company programs, policies and procedures by supporting action plans and directly motivating the team to meet operational and company objectives.
- Support recruitment efforts to interview dental professionals and assess for best fit.
- Manage and analyze daily staffing costs and payroll administration; oversee accounts receivable process.
- University or College Diploma in business or office administration
- 3-5 years experience in either a clinical setting, retail sales or customer service environment
- Experience in a supervisory or management role contributing to business operations including staff scheduling, finances, inventory and people management
- Strong business acumen and extensive experience in budgeting and forecasting
- Experience with dental software systems and Microsoft Office is preferred
- Strong commitment to maintaining health regulation and operational standards
- Willingness to work varied hours to align with business needs
dentalcorp Total Rewards + Perks
Team members have access to a range of resources focused on enhancing their personal and professional lives. We provide annual compensation reviews, voluntary RRSP contributions, and industry-leading learning and development opportunities. Our team members also enjoy extensive discounts on many services and activities including an exclusive corporate gym membership program; reduced rates on home and auto insurance; and unlimited access to a variety of discounted entertainment, hotels, products and services. Our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP) connects team members and their families with complimentary, confidential, short-term counseling and advisory services. dentalcorp is continuously evolving and enhancing the programs to offer our team members exclusive benefits that complement their lifestyle.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.