Who you are
You are a service orientated individual who is excited to be a part of a fast-growing organization that enables the best to be even better. You are self-motivated and experienced operations manager. You are looking for the opportunity to provide your expertise to drive change within an exciting industry. You love working in a collaborative team environment, but also enjoy your autonomy to accomplish tasks and provide excellent service to our Support Centre team members. As an individual who is driven by excellence, have extensive experience in the industry, a strong business acumen and you are eager to contribute the success of one of Canada’s Best Managed companies
We are currently looking for a Regional Manager to join our team. The Regional Manager plays a critical role within the practice. They are accountable for enhancing the patient experience, driving practice performance, and leading people. This leadership role requires integrity, the ability to collaborate and a passion for patient care as we strive to be leaders in oral health in Canada.
Patient Experience – Ensures exceptional patient experience with a talent for building loyalty and a focus on delivering optimal patient care.
- Seeks to build strategies to strengthen the patient relationship.
- Displays “patient comes first” attitude by training and holding the team accountable for delivering optimal patient care.
- Aligns Treatment Planning with the needs of patients. This means focusing on the best oral healthcare by ensuring all patients are provided with multiple options when deciding between services. Improve treatment planning within practice with Clinical team.
- Resolves patient concerns, investigates patient complaints, and resolves conflict.
- Seeks out new and innovative opportunities to elevate patient experience.
Operational Planning & Execution – Builds and executes plans to improve daily operations of the practice. Ensures an ideal treatment environment with operational excellence & efficiency.
- Collaborates with Partner and Practice Principle to build alignment of practice goals with execution strategies and plans.
- Works to improve daily operations of the practice
- Develops strategies to attract and retain patients.
- Partners with Marketing team to develop marketing strategy and promotional materials to increase the number of new patients.
- Partners with the Procurement team to negotiate and receive preferred rates, reducing practice expenses of suppliers, goods and services to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Partners with Talent team to source top talent; develops network of qualified candidates, interviews candidates, assesses team fit and conducts
- Constantly reviews clinic environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement.
P&L Management – Responsible for the financial health and viability of the dental clinic with a focus on exceeding Patient expectations.
- Develops strategy to meet and exceed Patient expectations.
- Manages all aspects of dental practice finances by reviewing practice reports and building and executing plans to expand and improve the delivery of healthcare services.
Compliance & Patient Safety – Committed to maintaining regulations and operational standards.
- Partners with Compliance team, DC Institute and Human Resources to ensure clinic is fully compliant and meets the provincial regulatory standards.
- Leads by example, manages and oversees all compliance programs within the practice. Ensures all standards are met or exceeded and makes patient safety a top priority
- Proactively ensures that all risk areas are identified and addressed in a timely manner and according to set standards and applicable legislation.
- Works in accordance with the practice’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and in compliance with applicable provincial legislation.
Management and Administration – Drives value to practice by optimizing Support Centre services and colleague working relationships.
- Ensures optimal utilization of dentalcorp’s Support Centre services.
- Ensures effective team and patient scheduling.
- Is accountable for all patient financial arrangements/payment plans.
- Manages communication with insurance providers.
- Manages and analyzes daily staffing costs and payroll administration.
- Administers all daily banking.
- Oversees accounts receivable process.
Lead People - Leads, coaches and motivates team to deliver best in class healthcare services and engagement and retention of patients. Constantly on the lookout for great talent to join the team!
- Manages the team with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the culture, values and mission of dentalcorp.
- Engages and builds team through effective hiring, training and ongoing performance management, employee relations, performance reviews and health and safety compliance.
- Drives the implementation of company programs, policies and procedures by supporting action plans and motivating the team to meet operational and company objectives.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication throughout the practice including leading daily huddles and team meetings.
- Coaches work and activities of all clinical and practice team members, Associates, Dentists, Specialists to achieve targets.
What we’re looking for
- Experience working in a dental industry is a MUST
- Experience with growth and acquisition is considered an asset
- Familiarity with highly regulated business enterprises.
- Must have drivers license and a vehicle with willingness to drive within a 30-minute radius between six practices.
- Enthusiastic with a willingness to learn, meet deadlines and pay close attention to detail.
- Understanding of the special nature of the clinician-patient relationship.
- Strong business insight and extensive experience in managing P&L, forecasting and budgeting.
- Strong leadership skills with experience in leading, coaching and developing teams.
- Exceptional customer service skills with a talent for building loyalty.
- University or College Diploma in retail, business or office administration. Medical or dental Office administration preferred.
- 3-5-year experience in Supervisory / Management roles
- Experience managing business operations including staff scheduling, finances, inventory and people management.
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills with ability to adapt to change.
- Knowledge in Provincial and Federal Health and Safety Regulations and ensure all team members are trained and familiar for safe practice.
dentalcorp is Canada's largest network of dental practices, committed to advancing the overall well-being of Canadians by delivering the best clinical outcomes and unforgettable experiences. dentalcorp acquires leading dental practices, uniting its network in a common goal: to be Canada's most trusted healthcare network. Leveraging its industry-leading technology, know-how and scale, dentalcorp offers professionals the unique opportunity to retain their clinical autonomy while unlocking their potential for future growth.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.