Since 1965, Peace Country Dental Clinic has served the entirety of the Peace Country Region, with patients coming from as far away as the Yukon and NWT. We pride ourselves on being a part of the community and offering modern family dental care in a rural environment.
Our office provides a range of services from general dentistry, implants, and Invisalign, to care provided by visiting Specialists. We offer an exceptional patient experience with treatment options as diverse as our patient base. Our highly trained staff enjoy a healthy work-life balance that permits for enjoying everything the Peace Country has to offer.
Our comfortable, bright office is located in the Dawson Creek Medical Dental Building at #201, 816 103rd Ave
Schedule: Full time role Feb/2021. Mat-Leave coverage one year, this role will roll over into a Permanent position.
We are currently looking to hire a Registered Dental Hygienist to join a busy and well-established practice. The successful RDH candidate will have a passion for building strong patient relationships and contributing to their ongoing oral health. As an RDH at this practice, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from a strong team of dental professionals.
What you will benefit from:
- Access to continued education through our preferred partnership with dcinstitute.ca
- Exposure to a large network of dental professionals
- Growth and Development Opportunities
- Appropriately assesses, plans, implements and evaluates services for patient care
- Performs all aspects of clinical preventative hygiene services including scaling, root planning, polishing, topical fluoride, pit and fissure sealants and whitening to patients
- Serve as an oral health educator by introducing new preventative techniques and counselling
- Providing consistent patient experience during hygiene visit
- Establishes strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical professional behaviour
- Establish and retain patient loyalty by delivering a tailored experience based on the patients’ expectations
- Demonstrate active listening and empathy to patients using effective communication skills
- Successful completion of a Dental Hygiene Diploma or Hygiene Degree program
- Must be a Registered Dental Hygienist in the province of British Columbia
- Valid CPR Certification
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with dental software considered an asset
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.