Who you are
You are an innovative, service orientated Payroll Specialist who is excited to be a part of a fast-growing organization that enables the best to be even better. You will act as a subject matter expert with the Payroll process and are looking for the opportunity to provide your expertise to drive change within an exciting industry. As a Payroll Specialist you enjoy working in a collaborative environment and your ultimate goal is to ensure excellent service to our Partners and their teams. You enjoy being hands-on in your role and thrive off identifying innovative solutions for your team and the company. As an individual who is driven by excellence, you are eager to contribute the success of one of Canada’s Best Managed companies.
Located at dentalcorp’s Toronto Support Centre reporting the Director, Payroll, The Payroll Specialist is responsible for providing support to the payroll teams for a 400+ location organization with over 5,000 employees and growing.
- Maintain payroll system ensuring timely and accurate payments for practice employees
- Respond to practice enquires and training requests on payroll system in a timely, accurate and courteous manner
- Responsible for completing and auditing the practice payroll prior to transmission
- Responsible for all monthly, quarterly, and annual government remittance
- Responsible for reconciling and issuing T4s, T4As and T2200
- Reconcile and provide benefit reports to Finance
- Provide timely and accurate response and support to other team members
- Take initiative in areas such as process improvement and documentation
- Perform other projects and tasks as assigned
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years in a similar position within an organization of a comparable size
- Solid understanding of provincial labour legislation and regulations along with implementing pay policies, including averaging agreements
- Solid understanding of accounting concepts relating to payroll and benefits
- Experience with Ultipro payroll system highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, communication skills, ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Bilingual in English and French would be an asset
- Consistently present professional manner in the office and team meetings
- Be accountable for quality of work performed
- Work with other team members and management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, with intermediate to advanced Excel abilities.
- Must be fluently Bilingual in French and English
dentalcorp is focused on acquiring and partnering with leading, growth-oriented general and specialist dental clinics across Canada. Our unique value proposition allows our dentist Partners to retain their clinical and operating autonomy while we inspire them to achieve ambitious personal and professional growth. Our unprecedented strategic insights and expertise place our Partners at the forefront of delivering optimal patient care.
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.