Dawson Dental Broadview is located in East York in the corner of Broadview and Mortimer Ave. We are conveniently located three bus stops away from the Broadview Station and close to the Don Valley Pkwy.
At Dawson Dental, you will be working alongside a talented, driven, and dedicated team that works like a family. Dawson Dental strives to provide the highest level of patient care. We ensure that our patients have a very positive memorable experience.
We pride ourselves on providing quality dental care and 4.6 stars on Google reviews, evidence of our exceptional patient service, commitment to continuous learning, and innovative technology.
Additionally, through working within the dentalcorp network, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the industry’s leading clinicians and have greater access to the advanced treatment technologies and training & development, and support.
Schedule: Full Time
We are currently looking for a Practice Manager to join our team. The practice manager plays a critical role within the practice, accountable for driving practice performance, leading people, and enhancing the patient experience. This leadership role demonstrates enthusiasm and passion for patient care as we strive to be leaders in oral health in Canada.
Operational Planning & Execution
- Build and execute plans to improve daily operations of the practice ensuring maximum productivity, operational excellence & efficiency
- Collaborate with Partner and Practice Principle to build and ensure alignment of practice targets and execution strategies and plans
- Works to improve daily operations of the practice; develop strategies to increase organic patient growth
- Partner with marketing, procurement, and team
- Constantly review clinic environment and key business indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement to provide coaching and direction to team
- Accountable to achieve financial objectives focus on increasing revenues (visits & services), EBITDA, optimizing labour models, consumables, other controllable expense
- Manage all aspects of dental practice finances by reviewing and improving practice reports
- Optimize financial performance through delivery of top line revenue, cost centre management, and EBITDA targets
- Responsible for meeting and exceeding production goals and controlling operational costs, maintaining high profit margins
- Ensure exceptional customer service with a talent for building loyalty and focus on delivering optimal patient care
- Display a patient comes first attitude by training and holding the team accountable for delivering optimal patient care
- Align treatment planning with the needs of the patient and focus on best oral healthcare; ensure all Patients are provided with best and multiple options when deciding on services
- Resolve patient concerns, investigate patient complaints, and resolve conflict
- Communicate with insurance companies and maintain an understanding of insurance standards
Compliance & Patient Safety
- Partner with Compliance, DC Institute and Human Resources to ensure the clinic is fully compliant and meets the provincial health regulation standards
- Lead by example. Manage and oversee all compliance programs within the practice
- Ensure all health standards are met or exceeded and makes patient safety a top priority
- Proactively ensure that all risk areas are identified and addressed in a timely manner and according to set standards and applicable legislation
- Work in accordance with the practice’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures and in compliance with applicable provincial legislation
- Lead, coach and motivate team, colleagues to improve productivity, engagement and retention of customers. Constantly recruit for great talent to join the team
- Manage the team with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the culture, values and mission of dentalcorp
- Engage and build team through effective hiring, training and ongoing performance management, employee relations, performance reviews and health and safety compliance
- Drive the implementation of company programs, policies and procedures by supporting action plans and directly motivating the team to meet operational and company objectives
- Establishes and maintains effective communication throughout the practice including leading daily huddles and team meeting
- Drive value to the practice by optimizing support centre services and colleague connections
Management and Administration
- Ensure optimal utilization of dentalcorp’s Support Centre services
- Ensure effective team and patient scheduling
- Accountable for all patient financial arrangements/payment plan
- Manage and analyze daily staffing costs and payroll administration; oversee accounts receivable process
- University or College Diploma in retail, business or office administration
- 3-5 years experience in retail sales or service including experience in supervisory/management roles within in retail, service or healthcare environment
- Strong business acumen and extensive experience in managing P&L, forecasting and budgeting
- Proficiency in the use of dental software systems and Microsoft Office Suite
- Knowledge of and demonstrated ability in company values; collaboration, integrity, excellence and innovation
- Proven leadership results with leading, coaching and developing teams
- Exceptional customer service skills with a talent for building loyalty
- Strong commitment to maintaining health regulation and operational standards
- Experience managing business operations including staff scheduling, finances, inventory and people management
- Willingness to work varied hours to align with business needs
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.