Mayflower Dental in Sydney, Nova Scotia is a family-focused dental centre. We also have locations in North Sydney, Sydney River, Sydney Mines, and Glace Bay to serve our clients.
Our dentists, Dr. Chris Baker, Dr. Joseph Claener, Dr. Michael Bungay, Dr. Curtis White, and Dr. Chris Law, are committed to caring for your oral health. We provide family- and child-focused dental care, general dentistry, root canals and extractions, and an extensive range of other services to help create and maintain healthy smiles for our patients.
We pride ourselves on providing quality dental care and 4.1-stars on Google reviews, evidence of our exceptional patient service, commitment to continuous learning, and innovative technology.
Additionally, through working within the dentalcorp network, you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from some of the industry’s leading clinicians and have greater access to the advanced treatment technologies and training & development, and support.
Our practice is conveniently located on Grand Lake Road. We love our community and have been passionately serving our community for years.
Rotating schedule: Monday to Wednesday (8-7) & Thursday (8-5) for five weeks, and Tuesday to Thursday (8-7) and Friday (8-5) for five weeks
We are currently looking to hire a Dental Assistant to join our busy and well-established practice. As a Dental Assistant at this practice you will have the opportunity to work alongside and learn from a strong team of dental professionals.
What you will benefit from:
- Access to continued education through our preferred partnership with dcinstitute.ca
- Exposure to a large network of dental professionals
- Growth and development opportunities
- Clinical chairside assisting duties including knowledge of instrumentation
- Establish strong patient relationships while maintaining ethical professional behaviour
- Cleans and prepares treatment room in accordance with infection control and practice protocols for each patient
- Detailed understanding of practice health and safety requirements
- HARP certified
- Certified Dental Assistant - previous experience preferred
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency in English with strong written and communication skills
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Punctual and reliable
Candidates must be legally eligible to work in Canada. We thank all applicants, but only suitable applicants will be contacted. Job applicants with a disability who require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can contact our Talent Team at 416-558-8338. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis and your request will be responded to as soon as possible.