Working with the Chief People Officer, and Senior Director of Talent Development, the Senior Manager of Talent Development will be responsible for ensuring that school leaders and managers have the tools and resources needed to coach and support staff at different levels of experience. Through this work and in collaboration with the Chief People Officer, the Senior Manager of Talent Development will work to codify and disseminate best practices in onboarding new teachers and supporting veteran teachers to all of our Democracy Prep schools. Core to this will be ensuring strong evaluations across the organization. The Senior Manager will also analyze data streams to identify areas of strength and growth in development to ensure the Talent Development team is creating targeted opportunities.
Who you are
- A strong teacher and coach, with specific experience working with newer teachers.
- A clear communicator who appreciates that how something is said is as important as what is said.
- Someone who regularly seeks out feedback and is able to implement at a quick pace.
- A detail-oriented planner.
- A problem solver who always works to find the win-win solution.
- Someone who can manage their time well, prioritize tasks, and manages up to leaders for support when unsure of how to do the above.
What You’ll Do
- Research and codify best practices in teacher development.
- With the Senior Director of Talent Development and the Chief People Officer, review and revise evaluation rubrics to align with our mission, strategic plan and antiracism.
- Review and audit data as it pertains to evaluations.
- Oversee teacher pipeline partnerships to ensure strong onboarding systems and resources.
- Lead and develop professional development sessions for mentor teachers to help equip them in their coaching of teacher residents, along with leading regular coaching check-ins.
- Regularly check in with school leaders and mentor teachers to ensure that teacher residents are honored, pushed and equipped to become strong educators.
- Along with the Talent Development team, support as needed in Talent Development key initiatives such as DP YOU, Leadership Immersion, New Teacher Onboarding and Leader U trainings.
Work and Experience
- Experience coaching individuals, specifically newer teachers
- Ideally, 4+ years teaching experience
- Ideally, experience developing and executing on initiatives at the school and/or systems level
Job Description, Network Staff Developer/Senior Manager, Staff Development
Working for the Chief People Officer and alongside the team, the Network Staff Developer would support the People team in leading trainings, workshops and discussions across the various programs led by the People teams, including but not limited to: Teacher Residency, Leader U, Teacher Leader Institute, and DP YOU. Our work supports teammates with a variety of experience-- from the new teacher to the experienced school leader-- so we are looking for someone who has both experience and passion for leading and working with adults!
Who you are
- A strong teacher, coach and team lead.
- A clear communicator who appreciates that how something is said is as important as what is said
- Someone who regularly seeks out feedback and is able to implement at a quick pace
- A detail-oriented planner
- Someone who seeks a fast-paced environment and the opportunity to learn about as many facets of talent development as possible!
- Someone who can manage their time well, prioritize tasks, and manages up to leaders for support when unsure of how to do the above
- Someone who loves travel, and supporting schools in a variety of contexts and areas.
What You’ll Do
- Design, edit and codify professional development sessions and materials for both network level and school-based professional development
- Lead and co-lead professional development sessions across the network to a variety of team members, including but not limited to teacher leaders, department chairs, school leaders, master teachers and CMO staff. Topics include: instruction, giving feedback, setting a strong culture.
- Ensure that school leaders have access to strong professional development materials by developing or codifying professional development materials that are accessible to all leaders.
- With the Chief Talent Officer, analyze data following professional development sessions and in network surveys to continue to refine our talent development strategy and offerings.
Work and Experience
- Experience coaching individuals
- Experience leading teams
- Ideally, 2-3 years teaching experience
Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403b retirement matching, parental leave, a smartphone, and a laptop. Salary range is competitive and commensurate with your experience.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.