Senior Technology & Data Manager
The mission of our schools is to educate responsible citizen scholars for success in the college of their choice and a life of active citizenship. Core to achieving this mission is building high-quality relationships with families and supporting enrollment at our schools.
Who You Are
- A hungry, humble, and smart person who wants to learn and shape how data and technology is used in the school environment
- Somebody who has an interest in data, software, and how it can be used to improve educational outcomes for all students
- A tech-savvy worker who has strong familiarity with computer hardware, operating systems (Mac OS) and cloud-based solutions
- A customer support oriented teammate with the mentality to ensure that school-based staff are well-trained in data platforms, and get timely answers to their questions
- A clear communicator with the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical users
- A planner who is highly organized and detail-oriented
- A multi tasker who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- A results-oriented problem solver who is able to meet deadlines and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s degree program with prior experience in education or working with data or IT
- Preference will be given to those with experience manipulating data in spreadsheets, databases, or some front-end code
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a technology resource and first-responder for basic technology issues for staff and scholars, and proactively train and assist staff in learning to effectively use key classroom technologies
- Manage, maintain, and become an expert in a number of student information systems and data tools (Jupiter iO, DeansList, and NJ SMART) and run point on troubleshooting and providing support to operations staff at each school (elementary, middle, and high)
- Meticulously maintain internal and external student information databases with relevant biographical and academic information, ensuring data collection is timely and of high quality
- Oversee and execute data systems pertaining to state assessment, report cards enrollment, attendance, and more, maintaining the transfer of data from FPCS to the NJDOE
- Regularly conduct audits in order to identify tech issues and obstacles that affect each school, and coordinate with IT on solutions
- Prepare and analyze data reports for school leaders in order to find and implement solutions
- Refine documentation to empower staff members with institutional knowledge and best practices in how to leverage technology and data
- Complete computer hardware, software, and educational technology set-up, maintenance, and repairs, including the management of inventory and movement of all school technology
- Troubleshoot and develop preventative maintenance systems for all school technology, including but not limited to laptops, copiers, printers, smartphones, projectors, interactive whiteboards, etc.
- Work closely with the network IT Team to maintain and help troubleshoot the network infrastructure.
- Enforce policies set by the network IT Team.
- Routinely keeping technical inventory up-to-date
- Develop and maintain systems of respectful technology use by scholars and staff and enforce technology use and care policies
- Complete tech set-up for events
- In collaboration with instructional leaders and IT, manage the selection and purchasing of new technologies
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Minimum of bachelor’s degree in computer science, instructional technology or business with experience in a school setting and three years of information technology management experience
- Prior experience in technology and school district experience preferred
- Ability to abide by and enforce school district policies, administrative rules, regulations and directives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills necessary; ability to address the school community and public
- Familiar with Powerschool and other data management software
- Ability to work with colleagues and staff to write and receive State and competitive grants as related to technology
Freedom Prep staff members are provided with a competitive salary, full benefits, and a working environment that includes all the necessary technology and resources to succeed.
Freedom Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.