About the Opportunity
The mission of our schools is to ensure that our scholars receive the most rigorous education. Core to achieving this mission is smooth operations that support all stakeholders’ ability to educate our scholars. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operations Coordinator will ensure systematic, proactive, and efficient management of school-based operational systems, events, and initiatives in support of school staff, scholars, and families.
Who You Are
- An education equity advocate with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- An exceptional project manager who leads the charge on anticipating the need for, designing, and reflecting upon systems in support of smooth operations.
- A clear and proactive communicator with the ability to work and collaborate with diverse stakeholders while inspiring action and creating impactful relationships in service of scholar achievement.
- A team player with a strong ability to adapt to moving projects and deadlines.
What You’ll Do
- Learn the day-to-day responsibilities of numerous operational processes to increase knowledge and flexibility across the team, and fill in during times of need.
- Serve as a first-responder for basic technology issues for staff and scholars and coordinate findings with an external technology support organization.
- Liaise with our external technology support organization and network technology team, reflecting on trends and proposing system improvements in order to ensure staff, scholars and families are all engaging with technology to maximize learning.
- Serve as a visible support of school culture, supporting behavior management, developing relationships, and engaging positively with all scholars.
- Coordinate logistics of school meal service with our external vendor including, but not limited to, scheduling, troubleshooting, and ensuring adherence to compliance and safety expectations.
- Manage the procurement, distribution, organization and inventory of school supplies.
- Assist in managing the meaningful beautification of the school.
- Assist in planning logistics and execution of school field trips and events, including planning all purchases and managing the event budget.
- Establish and maintain a positive experience for all current and prospective families, including direct support of all phases of new scholar enrollment and ensuring that they are set up with all technology necessary to be successful.
- Assist in the management and implementation of a school-wide family communications plan supportive of the native languages of all families, analyzing engagement data and using that data to determine timing and best methods of communication to families.
- Support the preparation, execution, and processing of internal and state assessments.
- Establish and manage a family leadership program that provides an avenue for families to have a meaningful voice that shapes aspects of the scholar experience and school community.
- Proactively engage with scholars, families, and staff in the attendance process to ensure scholars are safe and maximizing their academic learning opportunities.
- Support the meticulous maintenance of internal and external student information databases with relevant biographical and family contact information.
- Ensure that systems, protocols and policies are well documented and easily accessible to all stakeholders.
- Other school operations tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Salary is $45,000-$52,000 and commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.