About the Opportunity
The mission of our schools is to ensure that our scholars receive the most rigorous education. Core to achieving this mission is smooth operations that support all stakeholders’ ability to educate our scholars. Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Receptionist will ensure systematic, proactive, and efficient management of incoming communications and guest relations while building thoughtful relationships with families.
Who You Are
- An education equity advocate with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- An exceptional project manager who leads the charge on anticipating the need for and designing systems in support of smooth operations.
- A clear and proactive communicator with the ability to work and collaborate with diverse stakeholders while inspiring action and creating impactful relationships in service of scholar achievement.
- A flexible professional with outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- A flexible professional with outstanding written and oral communication skills in both English and Spanish (required).
- A team player with a strong ability to tackle moving projects and deadlines.
- A graduate of a Bachelor’s Degree program (required).
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the ambassador and enthusiastic face of the school, ensuring all persons entering the school space are welcomed, respected, and appropriately supported in a manner that allows them to fully participate in the communal mission of the school.
- Navigate the continuity of incoming and outgoing information in a systematic, efficient, and resourceful manner. As the first person receiving issues, it’s not enough to just know to whom you should direct someone. The more you can resolve issues, the more it helps the team.
- Thoughtfully manage the supportive and appropriate dissemination of sensitive student information with teammates, family members, and stakeholders.
- Coordinate communications and notices to parents in their preferred language, potentially via the use of special interpretation and translation services.
- Assist in the management and implementation of a school-wide family communications plan supportive of the native languages of all families.
- Establish and maintain a positive experience for all current and prospective families, including direct support of all phases of new scholar enrollment.
- Create the positive and welcoming environment all our families and guests deserve by ensuring reception spaces are clean, welcoming, and informative.
- Learn the day-to-day responsibilities of numerous operational processes to increase knowledge and flexibility across the team.
- Support the meticulous maintenance of internal and external student information databases with relevant biographical and family contact information.
- Proactively engage with scholars, families, and staff in the attendance process to ensure scholars are safe and maximizing their academic learning opportunities.
- Monitor incoming and outgoing traffic with a keen eye for potential issues in order to protect the well-being of scholars, staff, and the sanctity of the educational environment.
- Coordinate the efficient and safe movement of scholars during arrival and dismissal, including processing of late arrivals and communication surrounding dismissal or transportation changes for individuals.
- Other school operations tasks as assigned by the Operations Manager.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with your experience. Democracy Prep employees are provided with a benefits package that includes medical, vision, and dental insurance, 403B matching, parental leave, tuition reimbursement, a smartphone, and a laptop.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.