The cafeteria aide will prepare and clean-up the lunch areas and support school staff in the monitoring of student behavior during each lunch period. This is a part time role with the hours of 10:15AM to 1:45PM, Monday through Thursday.
Who You Are:
- You relate to students in a positive but firm manner
- You form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with students
- You are an effective and professional communicator who can work well as a member of both our cafeteria and school staff teams
- You are adaptable and flexible within the daily schedule
- You show resilience in working with challenging behaviors
What You’ll Do:
- Wipe down tables, benches, and desks after each lunch, ensuring there is no trash, food, liquid or residue left on any surface areas
- Spot mop floor spills
- Circulate lunch area with trash can and monitor students as they dispose of garbage
- Move rolling 40 Gallon trash bins from one lunch space to another
- Distribute boxed or bagged lunches and various lunch components
- Execute proper meal handling procedures
- Assist students with opening food components as needed (examples - milk, condiments, snack packs)
- Monitor bathroom areas to ensure students are using the facilities and returning to their assigned eating areas as soon as possible
- Continuously circulate lunch area to remind students to remain seated and follow behavior expectations
- Model behavior expectations set by the school staff
- Other lunch related duties as needed
- Pass Criminal Background Check
- Tuberculosis (TB) Test
- Provide past employer information and pass reviews per the guidelines of New Jersey’s Sexual Misconduct/Child Abuse Law - P.L. 2018, c. 5.
- Stand and walk for long periods of time
- Lift up to and in excess of 40 lbs
Members of the Democracy Prep DREAM Team are provided with a competitive hourly rate commensurate with experience.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.