Democracy Forward seeks an experienced creative strategist to join the Policy and Public Affairs team as a Graphic Designer.
In this role, candidates will work with stakeholders across the organization to create dynamic, compelling products for external and internal use that use and build upon Democracy Forward’s visual brand identity.
Ideal candidates will have the experience and ability to design visual assets across a range of uses, tones and platforms – from social media graphics to physical brochures and posters to policy one-pagers and more. Democracy Forward is a fast-paced and highly collaborative environment. The ideal candidate will have an organizational mindset and thrive when engaging in both rapid response and long term projects, and working across the organization to produce excellent work. The candidate will also be resourceful, demonstrate strategic thinking, and have experience working to advance policies that have a positive impact on historically and currently marginalized communities. The candidate will have a demonstrated commitment to inclusion, equity, and justice and will seek to advance the organization’s values both internally and externally.
Democracy Forward is in an exciting period of growth which will present opportunities to own and manage projects in a highly collaborative environment. Candidates who are seeking to hone and expand their skills and grow professionally alongside the organization are highly encouraged to apply.
- Design graphics and versionable templates for social media campaigns, webpages, policy one-pagers, reports, external outreach, and more for the Policy and Public Affairs team
- Work within, refine, and expand Democracy Forward’s visual brand and style guide to allow variation across audiences but ensure overall consistency
- Create products for in-person events including conferences, briefings, and meetings
- Create graphics and materials for other Democracy Forward teams, including the Executive Office
Requirements and qualifications:
- Experience working in Adobe Creative Cloud, including Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Experience working in Canva and creating graphics to be edited by others
- At least three years of professional experience designing graphics for political, advocacy, news, or other related organizations.
- Detail-oriented with an ability to juggle multiple projects for different stakeholders, and flexibility to work across a range of editing styles
- Nimble and collaborative team-player with a passion for progressive advocacy and advancing democracy
The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $75,000 plus excellent benefits. Compensation is commensurate with experience.
Democracy Forward provides a competitive compensation and benefits package. Democracy Forward is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We strongly encourage people of color; lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer, and intersex people; women; people with disabilities; and veterans to apply. Please note that all lawyer positions require a law degree and active membership in the bar of a state or the District of Columbia.
Not sure you meet all of our qualifications? Research shows that men apply for jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria. Yet women and other people who are systematically marginalized tend to only apply if they meet every requirement. If you believe that you could excel in this role, we encourage you to apply. We are dedicated to considering a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you are new to mission-based legal and policy work, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we welcome the opportunity to have you on our radar. Please include in your cover letter the nature of your interest in legal and policy work promoting democracy and progress and what you hope to bring to our team and the role for which you are applying.