The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building word-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
We are a group of talented individuals with deep expertise in the domain area of business applications and building large complex systems with simple user interfaces. We also have deep expertise in big data technology such as IR, NLP, and large graphs and utilize the best technology to provide innovative and novel products to frustrated end-users in the enterprise.
As the Senior Data Scientist, you’ll be responsible for developing and testing hypotheses on behavioral responses in B2B marketing, creating models that extract data from, among others, website, digital advertising, and CRM solutions into actionable insights, and defining leading edge thinking on how analytical frameworks can be applied to predictive marketing.
We deal with a large number of known problems with NLP such as relation extraction, NER, cross-document summarization, natural language understanding, natural language generation, topic modeling, and entity linking/disambiguation. Your job will to be develop new technologies, improve on existing technologies, and build these tools into enterprise-level software. You will be both hands-on and strategic—with both a broad ecosystem-level understanding of our market space and the ability to work closely with engineering and product teams to deliver software in an iterative, continual-release environment. This is a high-visibility position involving close collaboration across functional groups and with executive stakeholders at customers like the ones mentioned above.
Why you want to join us:
- Be at the cutting edge of NLP technology
- Be part of an experienced team in machine learning, natural language understanding, deep learning, graph theory, and enterprise applications with intimate knowledge of the domain
- Help us to introduce mainstream NLU into enterprise applications
- You would have access to a unique set of data capturing all interactions between businesses, which is sought after by many researchers.
- We are uniquely positioned with significant intellectual property
- Define: Work with customers and internal stakeholders to define hypotheses and models. We are dealing with all aspects of Business-to-Business sales and marketing problems and first to apply data science to them.
- Document: Write clear, concise descriptions of how insights can be converted into repeatable actions.
- Test: Continually iterate your models and refine assumptions, data sources and more.
- Communicate: Drive understanding and buy-in among all stakeholders at all levels.
- PhD in Computer Science, Math, Statistics, or a related field
- OR Masters in related field with 2+ years industry experience using NLP and machine learning
- Strong background in algorithms and dealing with large-scale data problems
- Experience with Hadoop or Spark or other large-scale data processing platforms
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL databases
- Proven ability to solve problems using state of the art technology
- Proven ability to innovate when necessary, but not reinvent the wheel
- Proven ability to solve problems using NLP and machine learning in an industry setting
- Imagination beyond what has been done before
- Experimental yet able to create something useful
- Flexibility to deal with ambiguity in requirements
- Hands on, and not afraid to wear multiple hats
- Passion for career growth and development into a leadership position
- Ability to provide technical guidance and leadership to other engineers
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, engage, close and measure progress against best-fit accounts. The biggest and fastest growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy, 401k, commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, Pinot Noir Fridays, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!