Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining, and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
About the role:
The Principal Support Engineer serves as the technical leader on high visibility, critical customer escalations, to drive resolution of our most complex customer issues. This position requires one to have an expert level understanding of the product, processes, distributed systems, and knowledge of tools and platforms that may not be native to the product. This role requires the ability to work methodically and communicate effectively with technical and non-technical stakeholders and is key to managing escalations and customer satisfaction. The Principal Support Engineering team works closely with product management, development, quality assurance, and senior support team members to resolve customer challenges and work to reduce manual tasks via code fixes and automated solutions. Beyond having a deep technical and product focus, candidates for this role must demonstrate the ability to lead, mentor, and influence.
We are open to fully remote candidates across the United States, preferring those in EST or CST.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering or technical support role at a data-intense company building or supporting SaaS or Enterprise applications.
- Demonstrated experience with RDBMS, proficiency in SQL
- Good understanding of RESTful APIs, Web Services, JSON, Experience using Postman, SoapUI, curl, etc.
- Demonstrated experience developing, debugging, or troubleshooting Scala or Java-based applications.
- Python, Bash, or any other scripting language (good to have, not required)
- Experience with Salesforce - Administration, SOQL, or Apex Scripting (good to have, not required)
- Familiarity with Jira, Gitlab/Github.
- Experience with log management tools - Loggly, Cloudwatch, SumoLogic, etc
- Web marketing, Analytics, AdTech, and CRM experience is a plus.
- Salesforce/Zendesk experience is a plus
- Experience facilitating communication between customer-facing and technical teams
A few traits that will be helpful to achieve success in this role:
- Ability to handle high-pressure customer engagements with poise, patience, and persistence.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a positive & optimistic attitude.
- Flexible thinking. We’re looking for highly adaptable people to help us continue to grow this fast-evolving business.
- Ability to comprehend customers’ problems and provide solutions that holistically address their business needs.
- Proven experience delivering excellent service to Mid-market and Enterprise customers
- You have a thirst for knowledge and a desire to teach others
- You are motivated to be a self-starter and individual performer effectively contributing to overall team productivity and collaboration
- Ability to use analytical thinking to effectively troubleshoot complex problems
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing processes to ensure the team’s success
- Taking end-to-end ownership of customer issues, including initial troubleshooting, identification of root cause, and issue resolution
- In collaboration with others apply engineering best practices to solve complex problems
- Debugging and identifying issues with the code, data, or systems. Propose fixes or workarounds as needed. Implement fixes wherever possible
- Serving as the internal and external point of contact on customer escalations and ensuring customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
- A resource within Support to address complex issues
- Partnering with Different Functions to Triage Escalations
- Partnering with Engineering to Address Common Pain Points - Internally & Externally
- Identify and develop ‘Solutions at Scale’
- Clearly communicate and set expectations with key stakeholders.
- Providing feedback to the training and documentation organization so that common or emerging issues can be addressed before they become serious or widespread
- Creating internal process or troubleshooting documentation
- Pushing creative thinking beyond the boundaries of existing industry-standard practices to come up with process improvements and new ways to delight customers
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Working cases as required, mentoring the team through technical roadblocks, and be the first point of contact/response for escalations