Introduction to Demandbase:
The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world rely on Demandbase to drive their account-based strategies and maximize B2B go-to-market performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the industry as an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. Demandbase offers the only end-to-end Account-Based Experience (ABX) solution that helps B2B companies find, engage, and close the accounts that matter most. Our success would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us. We have offices in the Bay Area, New York, Seattle, and a team in the UK, and allow employees to work remotely from anywhere in the US. We have also continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
The Assistant General Counsel, Privacy is an incredible opportunity for you to further develop and ultimately own and maintain Demandbase’s global privacy program. This is a unique chance for an attorney to lead complex data protection and privacy projects and work collaboratively across the organization to further infuse privacy into the framework of the company. This role will also interface directly with clients to enhance strategic partnerships and facilitate efficiencies in the commercial contracting process. As a self-motivated, and experienced legal professional, you will be able to exercise sound, independent judgment in fast-paced, high-stakes circumstances, and must be able to translate complex issues into forward-thinking solutions for the company.
This position reports to the General Counsel and includes growth potential to manage a small team.
What you’ll be doing:
- Developing and managing our global privacy program, including developing necessary frameworks and processes to scale
- Serving as principal advisor to the General Counsel and Leadership team in areas of privacy and data protection
- Work closely with Product and Product Marketing to identify risks for new product development and go-to-market strategies
- Negotiating, and eventually building out a playbook for customer, vendor, and supplier engagements related to privacy
- Stay up to date on relevant legislation, regulatory requirements, guidelines and industry developments relating to data protection, privacy and data governance
- Develop privacy-focused global strategies to engage with partners, external organizations, and regulators in support of the company’s overall vision
- Joining our Risk Council, working with Security, Compliance, IT and others to evaluate enterprise risk from the privacy perspective
What we’re looking for:
- J.D. degree and membership in at least one US state bar
- 8+ years of relevant legal experience, including at a law firm and/or in-house experience
- Previous experience creating and maintaining a privacy program for a high growth technology company
- Experience engaging with external organizations or regulators on complex privacy matters.
- Knowledge of self-regulatory frameworks
- Experience establishing PIA and DPIA processes
- Comfortable with ambiguity and fast change with an ability to adapt as needed
- Strong collaborative and interpersonal skills
- Team-focused mindset, a passion for creating and executing overall strategies while managing details
- A good sense of humor is appreciated!
Nice to haves:
- One or more of the following certifications: CIPP/US, CIPP/EU
- Experience in advertising technology, marketing technology or similar high growth SaaS experience
- Technical experience and/or experience with data mapping
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
More About Demandbase:
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Experience (ABX) and an indispensable part of the B2B Go-to-Market tech stack. The company offers simply the best account-based platform to find, engage, and close the accounts that matter. The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce, and others, rely on Demandbase to drive their ABX strategy and maximize their marketing performance. Demandbase has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500, and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market.
For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.