Introduction to Demandbase:
The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world rely on Demandbase to drive their account-based strategies and maximize B2B go-to-market performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the industry as an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. Demandbase offers the only end-to-end Account-Based Experience (ABX) solution that helps B2B companies find, engage, and close the accounts that matter most. Our success would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us. We have offices in the Bay Area, New York, Seattle, and a team in the UK, and allow employees to work remotely from anywhere in the US. We have also continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
This role will play an integral part in a rapidly growing accounting team. You will be hands-on as a reviewer in the company’s month-end activities and accounting operations. You will also play an important part in several system implementations for the team (Netsuite, Flocast, Coupa, etc..). This role will report directly to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible to manage a staff member.
What you’ll be doing:
- Own and manage our core accounting processes, including general ledger close and journal entries, bank reconciliations, fixed asset tracking, prepaid additions & amortizations, lease 842, commission 606, internally used software, debt facility, and payroll-related entries.
- Own month-end and year-end close processes, including reconciliations, monthly accruals, and analysis of accounts
- Involve in the preparation of monthly, quarterly & annual consolidated financial statements including results analysis
- Mentor and coach direct report(s). This includes holding weekly 1:1's and performing quarterly performance reviews.
- Partner closely with the FP&A team to support month-end analysis
- Streamline month-close process, identify efficiencies, scale accounting operations and drive initiatives.
- Assist with interim/annual audit
- Execute the implementation of new software packages (Netsuite, Floqast, Coupa), mature our systems and processes, and support company growth
- Create, implement, maintain and update accounting policies and procedures
- Manage, coordinate, and support ad-hoc projects as requested
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 6 years accounting experience with progressive responsibilities and seniority. Experience in both in-house SaaS & Big 4 is highly desired
- Experience hiring-managing-coaching-mentoring direct reports
- Experience in technical accounting is a plus (lease 842, commission 606, internal use software 350-40, etc…)
- Superior analytical skills, with the ability to succinctly interpret data and frame business issues in a straightforward manner
- Experience driving new policies and procedures for a rapidly growing company in a collaborative way
- Expert-level Excel skills
Other Qualities Required for Success:
- Organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize work with a high sense of urgency
- Excellent attention to detail; ability to maintain flexibility and adapt to changing business requirements
- A proactive approach to scaling processes, optimizing system-based solutions, and anticipating headcount needs
- Strong judgment, decision-making, communication and interpersonal skills. Comfortable, effective, collaborative and persuasive in dealing with employees and managers across functions.
- Ability to work effectively with senior leadership as a business partner
- High standards for ethics and self-motivation, able to work independently and collaboratively to influence outcomes and strategies and achieve results
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
More About Demandbase:
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Experience (ABX) and an indispensable part of the B2B Go-to-Market tech stack. The company offers simply the best account-based platform to find, engage, and close the accounts that matter. The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce, and others, rely on Demandbase to drive their ABX strategy and maximize their marketing performance. Demandbase has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500, and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market.
For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.