Introduction to Demandbase:
The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world rely on Demandbase to drive their account-based strategies and maximize B2B go-to-market performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the industry as an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. Demandbase offers the only end-to-end Account-Based Experience (ABX) solution that helps B2B companies find, engage, and close the accounts that matter most. Our success would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us. We have offices in the Bay Area, New York, Seattle, and a team in the UK, and welcome employees who want to work remotely. We have also continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work.
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
Demandbase is looking for a Vice President, Engineering. This is an excellent opportunity to lead Demandbase’s world-class technical team, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your leadership and technical skills at one of the most innovative and progressive B2B marketing and advertising companies.
We're looking for an enterprise software leader that has deep roots in engineering but more importantly, is an inspirational leader who is able to effectively navigate an organization, lead/mentor/coach/retain engineers, and have high visibility across all parts of the company.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead an Engineering team, including hiring, mentoring, retaining, growing, and empowering.
- Define team strategy and roadmaps for short and long terms.
- Work with key business stakeholders, product management and user experience to get clear business requirement and product requirement documents.
- Approve design documents, provide guidance on technical direction and, in general, always make sure your team has clarity on what they need to build.
- Drive engineering innovation and excellence.
- Collaborate with leadership and key stakeholders on a regular basis to build trust.
What we’re looking for:
- An exciting, visionary leader who can help us stay on the leading edge of organizational and engineering best practices
- 15+ years of “technical” management experience
- 10 of the 15+ years of experience should be in enterprise software companies
- 5+ years working on Engineering systems at scale (such as AWS, Tibco, database, GCP, Salesforce, Google, Oracle, SAP, or Servicenow)
- A proven ability to attract and retain top technical talent
- Exceptional communication skills - like, REALLY exceptional!
- Built and owned at least one “real” platform (not just application) in their career
- Desirable: exposure to big data/machine learning within your previous jobs (not just standard platform/application).
Why join us:
- Be part of a rapidly-growing, profitable, pre-IPO company
- Opportunity to extend our ABM leadership position and fast-track innovation behind AI-powered Account-Based Marketing solutions
- Drive the next generation of intelligent CRM technologies and invent how Artificial Intelligence, product design, and applications converge
- Work with a world class team of engineers, PMs, data scientists, sales and marketers
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
More About Demandbase:
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Experience (ABX) and an indispensable part of the B2B Go-to-Market tech stack. The company offers simply the best account-based platform to find, engage, and close the accounts that matter. The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce, and others, rely on Demandbase to drive their ABX strategy and maximize their marketing performance. Demandbase has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500, and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market.
For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.