Introduction to Demandbase:
The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world rely on Demandbase to drive their account-based strategies and maximize B2B go-to-market performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the industry as an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. Demandbase offers the only end-to-end Account-Based Experience (ABX) solution that helps B2B companies find, engage, and close the accounts that matter most. Our success would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us. We have offices in the Bay Area, New York, and London, and allow employees to work remotely from anywhere in the US. We have also continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
The Associate Account Manager is part of the Strategic Accounts team and will be an individual contributor reporting to the RVP of Strategic Sales. You will be supporting 5+ Strategic Account Directors by managing and coordinating day-to-day sales activities enabling them to operate more efficiently.
The responsibilities of the Associate Account Manager will include creating/preparing proposals, creating personalized pitch decks, scheduling calls, forecasting, coordinating internal teams/resources, making recommendations for upsell, data entry, data collection/reporting, managing advertising upsell requests. You will provide support to the Account Directors in such a way that allows for the AD to focus more on high-level touches and building executive relationships to expand and capture new revenue.
The Strategic Account Directors are responsible for net retention and SaaS/Media revenue growth targets across their account portfolio. This is accomplished by working in tandem with Customer Success Managers across key accounts to ensure that Demandbase is an indispensable part of their technology stack. You should be comfortable wearing multiple hats including sales, account management, and consulting. More broadly, the role will be a proactive problem-solver across several critical areas in strategic account relationships.
This is a great opportunity for someone with a background as a CSM, SDR, software Sales Rep or possibly Sales Ops to jump into a role where you can help drive revenue without carrying a personal sales quota.
What you’ll be doing:
- Account planning with Strategic Account Directors and Customer Success Managers to execute on annual and quarterly OKRS (Objectives, Key Results) addressing areas of opportunity & need across large enterprise accounts
- Work with sales counterparts to close key renewal contracts and upsell (new BUs, product portfolio expansion etc…
- Act as an internal quarterback to coordinate stakeholders including Sales Engineering, Product/Engineering, Executives, and Strategy on key customer initiatives
- Work with Account Directors to engage with key customer stakeholders aligning the Demandbase value proposition to organizational goals and objectives.
- Compile and present proposals and strategic recommendations that lead to upsell, and comprehensive analyses on business impact, team adoption metrics to drive revenue retention and growth within customer accounts.
- Collaborate with Account Directors, Customer Success Managers, Advertising Campaign Strategists and Analysts in providing customers with value reporting and strategic recommendations.
- When appropriate - organize, schedule and lead customer calls as a dedicated partner to Sales and Customer Success.
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years in a sales role post-sales, or account management role, preferably at B2B SaaS companies or advertising/media agencies working with large enterprise companies
- A can-do attitude that works well cross-functionally and strives to drive growth internally and externally
- Strong analytical skills and ability to communicate business value via concise data-backed storytelling
- Proficiency in Microsoft Powerpoint, Excel, G-Suite, programmatic media, data analysis, Google and Adobe Analytics, and MAS/CRM systems.
- Independent problem solver across qualitative and quantitative areas, who thrives in creating new repeatable processes to address common business problems
- Confident critical thinker who is persistent in triaging necessary deliverables across various teams to deliver to key accounts. A problem solver at heart.
- A customer-centric advocate who has world-class customer service (response times, organization, etc.) and is comfortable being the face of Demandbase across customer interactions
- Goal-oriented individual that understands the need to meet sales quotas, while believing in nurturing the customer relationship through a consultative and data-driven approach
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
More About Demandbase:
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Experience (ABX) and an indispensable part of the B2B Go-to-Market tech stack. The company offers simply the best account-based platform to find, engage, and close the accounts that matter. The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce, and others, rely on Demandbase to drive their ABX strategy and maximize their marketing performance. Demandbase has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500, and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market.
For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.