Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment. We’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining, and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
About the role:
As Demandbase’s Customer Support Engineering team grows, we are looking for a proven, highly technical Customer Support Engineering Manager capable of inspiring and motivating a world-class team. In this role as a player/coach, you will help deliver a cohesive world-class experience to both technical and non-technical clients with complex technical needs.
We’re looking for an exceptional technical support leader who has a passion for developing others, building effective teams, and helping us continue to uphold and surpass our commitments to the customers we serve. In this role as a player/coach, you will help deliver a cohesive world-class experience to both technical and non-technical clients with complex technical needs. Our team is continuing to grow, and we want you to be a part of it!
As the first line of contact with our customers, our support team plays a crucial role in ensuring their success using Demandbase. A customer-first mindset is a must as great customer experiences fuel the adoption of our product.
What we’re looking for:
- 2+ years of experience leading and scaling teams in rapid growth environments with proven results as a high-performer - experience leading global teams preferred
- 5+ years of experience supporting SaaS applications in a customer-facing, problem-solving technical support role
- Proven experience facilitating between customer-facing and technical teams
- Basic programming experience with the following technologies in particular: HTML, Python, and APIs
- You are organized and detail-oriented, with solid data analysis and manipulation skills (and you have opinions on CSAT, NPS, Customer Effort, First response time, Cost per conversation, and other KPIs)
- You are an excellent communicator and are able to interact with a wide variety of customers with varying technical savvy and can clearly and thoughtfully explain new concepts to different audiences
- You have a customer-first mentality with a track record of going above and beyond to serve customers
- Experience with common support tools like Zendesk, Salesforce, and Jira
- Web marketing, Analytics, AdTech, and CRM experience is a plus.
- Participate in on-call rotation
A few traits that will be helpful to achieve success in this role:
- Ability to handle high-pressure customer engagements with poise, patience, and persistence.
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a positive & optimistic attitude.
- Flexible thinking. We’re looking for highly adaptable people to help us continue to grow this fast-evolving business.
What you’ll be doing:
- Building and leading a world-class, high-performing Customer Support Engineering team
- Providing day-to-day leadership of a team of Customer Support Engineers working across the US and EMEA to deliver world-class help and issue resolution to our customers
- Measuring team effectiveness by clearly defining operational outcomes and creating a cadence for review with the team, contributing to team best practices, escalation process and capabilities
- Driving continuous improvement by updating internal processes and implementing best practices through timely feedback, weekly 1:1 meetings, QA, workshops, and team building
- Ensuring the team has the training, coaching, and the tools necessary to improve customers’ experience in their interactions with Support and to be highly-skilled and effective problem solvers
- Partnering proactively and develop strong relationships with internal teams
- Serving as the internal and external point of contact on customer escalations and ensure customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible