Introduction to Demandbase:
The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world rely on Demandbase to drive their account-based strategies and maximize B2B go-to-market performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the industry as an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. Demandbase offers the only end-to-end Account-Based Experience (ABX) solution that helps B2B companies find, engage, and close the accounts that matter most. Our success would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us. We have offices in the Bay Area, New York, and London, and allow employees to work remotely from anywhere in the US. We have also continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
As General Counsel, you will report to our CFO and will be a key member of the executive team. You will lead the legal and compliance functions and be responsible for providing day-to-day guidance on legal issues and risk mitigation strategies as well as developing assuring compliance with policies and regulations in all aspects and levels across Demandbase. Our ideal candidate is an attorney with strong business and strategic acumen who has the ability to translate complex legal principles into practical and effective business solutions.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide strategic legal advice to the leadership team on various matters with the objective of ensuring that Demandbase’s business strategies, risk management policies and programs are developed in a legally sound manner.
- Lead all aspects of Demandbase’s legal matters including, but not limited to, general corporate matters and commercial contracts; privacy and data security matters; employment and litigation matters; IP and technology licensing; compliance and international; mergers and acquisitions; and legal operations.
- Oversee the delivery of legal services to achieve corporate goals and key results
- Draft, review, and negotiate a variety of agreements and documents and continuously seeks ways to improve the forms, processes, or systems involved.
- Participate in the definition and development of corporate policies, procedures and programs and provide continuing counsel and guidance on legal matters.
- Select, retain and manage relationships and matters with outside counsels, as required.
- Prepare and deliver training and presentations to the employees, management, executives and the Board of Directors on various legal and compliance matters.
- Build, mentor, manage, a team reporting to you.
What we’re looking for:
- JD from an accredited law school and admitted to practice in good standing in California
- A minimum of 15+ years of experience practicing law with a combination of law firm and in-house experience
- Experience leading companies through financing and M&A transactions; IPO experience would be a plus
- Collaborative team player with no ego and an outstanding ability to partner cross-functionally at all levels
- Must thrive in a fast-paced culture and have experience building a legal team and establishing legal systems and processes in a high-growth company
- You should be a great communicator and know how to talk and write using language that a layperson will understand.
- The ability and desire to roll up one’s sleeves and do the work as well as handle the big picture strategic matters is a must.
- Experience managing the legal function at a fast-growing B2B SaaS company would be a plus
- Experience with advertising and data-centric businesses
- Previous General Counsel experience at a pre-IPO or public tech company
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
More About Demandbase:
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Experience (ABX) and an indispensable part of the B2B Go-to-Market tech stack. The company offers simply the best account-based platform to find, engage, and close the accounts that matter. The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce, and others, rely on Demandbase to drive their ABX strategy and maximize their marketing performance. Demandbase has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500, and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market.
For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.