Intro to Demandbase:
The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the role:
As a Director of Application Development, you will be responsible for leading and growing our application platform team. A successful candidate will have sharp technical skills and experience and familiarity with both front and backend systems, with a willingness to get their hands dirty when needed. You will also have a track record of running and growing cross-functional application engineering teams. You should have experience and a passion for managing talented engineers, working closely with product & design, and a desire to grow your ability interfacing with the executive- and customer-facing teams. We believe in ownership and innovation and release to production multiple times every week. This is a hands-on role that will involve not just design and planning but also execution and implementation.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Demandbase offices will be closed for the foreseeable future and full-time remote (in the U.S. time zone) is perfectly acceptable. We have engineering offices in San Francisco, San Mateo, and Seattle.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and implement web application front and backend functionality within the Demandbase SaaS platform
- Manage a team of application engineers (in the US), and oversee management of distributed teams (in Kyiv and Minsk)
- Work closely with other engineering managers and team leads to solve complex cross-functional architectural challenges
- Work closely with product and design to continually iterate on roadmaps and planning
- Work closely with our operations team to continually monitor and tune your applications using industry best practices
- Contribute and help drive organization standards and best practices, along with automation improvements in our CI/CD pipelines
- Hiring, mentoring, and coaching a team
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering, or equivalent experience
- Proven ability to hire, coach and retain a team of engineers with a track record of strong engineering management skills - we want leaders who help their teams grow and thrive
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience as an engineer
- Proven experience developing and supporting high-performance multi-tier web applications and services for thousands of users
- History of successful collaboration with product & design teams
- Experience and familiarity with modern web applications and single-page app architectures
- Strong understanding of REST services and experience implementing service endpoints and operations
- Strong backend coding experience - we primarily use Scala and Python
- Experience developing microservice architectures in Kubernetes or similar orchestration frameworks
- Experience with AWS or GCP cloud computing platforms is a plus
Nice to have:
- Experience with Snowflake, Clickhouse, and/or Aerospike
- Experience using Prometheus and building highly observable applications
- Experience working directly with customers and customer-facing teams
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
More about Demandbase:
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, win and grow the accounts that matter most. The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.