Intro to Demandbase:
Demandbase, a leading SaaS-based B2B marketing technology company and San Francisco Business Times #5 Best Places to Work, is looking for more inspired and driven people to join us. With a roster of dedicated, blue-chip customers that’s growing every single day, we’re in a phase of tremendous growth and establishing the team that will take us to the next level. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class B2B marketing technology, all while enjoying an unparalleled work-life balance. If you love innovating and collaborating with highly intelligent, motivated people who are also pretty fun to hang out with, you’re probably a good fit for us.
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
About the Role:
You will be the second in-house lawyer at Demandbase. As such, while you will work closely with the VP of Legal and Privacy on many matters, you will also be expected to act independently and “own” the transactions for which you are responsible. (Depending on the experience of the successful candidate, the role might be either Corporate Counsel or Senior Corporate Counsel.) A major component of the role involves efficiently negotiating and drafting a wide variety of commercial technology agreements in support of various sales, procurement and other commercial activities, including cloud services subscriptions, software licenses, and professional services contracts. Functions across the company will also rely on your counsel and advice on a broad range of legal and compliance matters. Demandbase is growing rapidly, and accordingly, the Legal function needs to continuously and consciously innovate in order to effectively support all elements of the business. In some cases working with and managing outside counsel and colleagues, you will make significant contributions to the development of new forms, policies and processes. The Corporate Counsel will report directly to our VP, Legal and Privacy.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Demandbase offices will be closed for the foreseeable future and all positions are remote until further notice.
What you’ll be doing:
- Provide legal support and advice across all functions of the company on legal, compliance and regulatory matters involving the company
- Support the Revenue teams on commercial transactions
- Draft and negotiate a range of agreements in support of business initiatives, including Cloud subscription agreements, professional services agreements, DPAs, etc.
- Advise on data privacy and data security matters and support the implementation of related policies and procedures
- Work with business partners to develop, implement, and improve policies and procedures as the company grows.
- Drive and execute other special projects in support of key company objectives.
- Assist with legal-related diligence on strategic transactions and partnerships
- Work with product and engineering teams for legal review of new product and service releases
What we’re looking for:
- 3+ years of experience at a recognized law firm and/or in-house counsel (preferably at a SaaS company).
- Bar membership in good standing in California or your state of residence (or eligible to be a Registered-In-House Counsel in either California or your state of residence).
- Experience with SaaS business models.
- Privacy law (esp. GDPR and CCPA) experience a plus.
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
More about Demandbase:
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, win and grow the accounts that matter most. The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.