Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
Director, Sales Enablement and Strategy will act as an integrating role between various sales, customer success, product, and marketing areas, including sales operations, sales development/ training, product marketing, and HR. This position is responsible for delivering the Field Enablement initiatives for the Field Sales roles (Sales Development Representatives, Account Directors, Sales Engineers, Customer Success Managers) to increase sales productivity and support the sales force transformation.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Demandbase offices will be closed for the foreseeable future and all positions are remote until further notice.
What you’ll be doing:
- Conduct an analysis of the current state of sales productivity in conjunction with Sales Operations.
- Establish metrics and objectives for sales enablement and make recommendations for increasing sales productivity.
- Map company’s sales process with our customer’s buying process to understand and enhance what skills, knowledge, process, and tools are required by our sales force to increase velocity and conversion rates at each stage in those processes.
- Conduct an analysis of current skills, processes, knowledge and processes to and work with the sales leadership team to identify strengths and areas for development.
- Develop and manage the 12-18 month Sales Enablement roadmap.
- Implement the development, delivery, and training of the sales playbook to the sales org in tight collaboration with sales (especially first-line managers), customer success, sales operations, product marketing, product, professional services, and customer education
- Assist in Creating and updating playbooks based on seller feedback and shifting market demands.
- Deliver a comprehensive onboarding program through direct and third-party resources in tight collaboration with sales leaders, customer success leaders, and HR.
- Partner with sales leadership and HR to establish a sales competency and assessment framework to ensure that the needs of salespeople, and their managers, are met.
- Drive, in a measurable way, significant sales productivity increases for company’s Sales roles.
- Add value to and leverage sales technology tools for reporting and benchmarking.
- Develop On-Demand training to be leveraged for both short and long term enablement.
- Participate in the selection and implementation/deployment of technologies to be used by the Field-force to increase efficiency and effectiveness.
- Regularly spend time in the field with managers and reps to understand the “field reality” and build sales enablement deliverables to meet their needs.
What we’re looking for:
- Minimum of 5 years of sales/sales operations/sales engineering/solutions consultant/sales enablement experience with global high tech B2B organizations.
- Experience creating and implementing successful sales process/methodology/ sales playbook initiatives.
- Experience building effective field sales on-boarding and sales training programs.
- Experience creating and tracking metrics that demonstrate constant increases in sales productivity.
- Experience with CRM (such as Salesforce.com), sales enablement platforms (such as Seismic), Learning Management System (such as Saleshood), conversation intelligence platform (such as Gong).
- Direct Field Sales and Field Sales Management experience and proven track record preferred (quota carrying).
- Experience with Marketing Automation Platform preferred (experience with Marketo is a plus)
Skills Required for Success in this Role:
- A passion for the profession of sales and customer success
- Product-oriented, enjoy working with new tools, and be a self-motivated learner
- Experience working in a fast paced, high-growth, and results orientated environment that requires you to strive for excellence
- Ability to succeed in a highly collaborative team environment with multiple in-flight initiatives and stakeholders
- Exceptional communication skills and the demonstrable ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; with the ability to interact with and understand technical architecture and competitive technology
- Strategic planning and thinking
- Strong situational analysis capability and decision-making abilities
- Ability to break down complex problems in a simplified way
- Creative thinking and ability to innovate
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic, the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, win and grow the accounts that matter most. The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.