Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
The Director of Customer Support Engineering is a critical component of the Support leadership team at Demandbase. You will oversee the Support team and work closely with Product and Engineering. The product is complex as Demandbase has multiple software products. You will need to be comfortable diving into technical issues, translating Engineering jargon, mentoring software support engineers, while putting the customer's experience at the forefront.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Demandbase offices will be closed for the foreseeable future and all positions are remote until further notice.
What you’ll be doing:
- Ensure any escalated issues are resolved quickly and with a focus on high customer satisfaction, and engaging with customers as appropriate
- Develop dashboards measuring and monitoring key support metrics to share with leadership
- Optimize team structure and processes to ensure optimal use of resources to deliver optimal customer experience and insights
- Continue to speed up resolution times through accountability, enablement, launching tools, building processes and more
- Build a strong partnership with Product and Engineering to raise issues quickly and fix/address long-standing and urgent issues
- Mentor, lead, grow and retain a technical team across multiple locations and specialties
- Ensure proactive communication with the rest of Support, Product, Engineering and other relevant teams on metrics, changes, updates, etc.
What we’re looking for:
- 5 - 7 years building and managing customer support teams, preferably in the SaaS space
- Experience designing processes, establishing metrics, and managing the operations of a team of at least 7
- Technical background: math/science degree or experience equivalent
- Passion to help customers through simple and repeatable means
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong data analysis skills
- Detail oriented and well organized
- Can communicate complex issues/processes with simplicity
- Can build and execute strategy and also deal with one-off customer issue
- Salesforce/Zendesk experience is a plus
- Martech, Adtech & Salestech experience is a plus
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, win and grow the accounts that matter most. The biggest and fastest growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.