This role is 100% REMOTE, even post-pandemic/return to the office.
Intro to Demandbase:
Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We're committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we're increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
The world's largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we're as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
About the Engineering Team:
We are a group of talented individuals with deep expertise in the domain area of business applications and building large complex systems with simple user interfaces. We also have deep expertise in big data technology such as IR, NLP, and large graphs and utilize the best technology to provide innovative and novel products to frustrated end-users in the enterprise.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be responsible for designing, building, and maintaining our core unified framework to bring our customers' highly valuable data into our platform to augment our own data and yield actionable insights for our customers. These integrations may require new end-to-end feature development.
You'll help us tackle some of the most challenging engineering problems around, like how can we enable closing the loop between data, insights, and action for B2B marketers by building an extensible framework using REST APIs that any martech, adtech, or salestech solution can integrate into with ease.
Please note that due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Demandbase offices will be closed for the foreseeable future and all positions are remote until further notice.
What you'll be doing:
- Define: Work with internal stakeholders to design and develop components in the next generation of Demandbase's unified framework.
- Document: Write clear documentation to convey plans and technical design.
- Test: Write unit, integration, and load tests as necessary.
- Code: Build and expand our platform by integrating it with key third-party services. Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes.
- Monitor & Deploy: Ensure high reliability of all maintained product offerings by building reporting and monitoring mechanisms into our infrastructure.
- Operate: Own and operate the integrations, Be a front-line responder for issues filed by customers.
What we're looking for:
- BS or MS in Computer Science plus at least 5 years of relevant work experience
- Solid knowledge of web frameworks, backend server components and performance optimization
- Proven experience and fluency with server-side app development using Scala and/or Java
- Quantifiable experience in some form of senior-level programming
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g., unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with Postgres, Snowflake, Redis and/or Aerospike
- Hands-on development experience scaling complex systems
- Considerable backend engineering experience
- Collaborate with a small and nimble team of engineers
- Strong experience with cloud computing (we use AWS and GCP)
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic, the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
More About Demandbase:
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, win and grow the accounts that matter most. The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list "The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies," the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.