The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
At Demandbase, we are building a B2B marketing platform that leverages our deep expertise in machine learning, natural language processing, and data engineering to solve the most important problems facing B2B marketers today.
As our Senior Contract Technical Writer, you will produce high-impact documentation for the Demandbase suite of enterprise software. This position will also manage technical content related projects and produce deliverables that include online help, guides, knowledge articles, and release notes. You will work independently, as part of a team, and as a project lead. This opportunity utilizes your writing abilities and project management skills using the latest tools and methods to create and publish developer documentation.
We are looking for a contract Technical Writer who is available asap for 40 hours per week over the next 6+ months.
What you’ll be doing:
- Deliver technically accurate documentation including API, developer guides, command references, tutorials, walkthroughs, and best practices
- Own the entire documentation set, including architecture, writing, editing, testing, and deployment
- Collaborate closely with engineers and product managers to develop effective feature documentation
What we’re looking for:
- Advanced experience creating technical documentation for Software Developers and IT Professionals using industry-standard writing and publishing technologies and practices such as XML, Topic-Based Authoring, AEM, etc.
- BA or BS degree in Technical Publications, Engineering, Computer Science, English, or related degree
- 4+ years in a technical content creation role
- History of increasing responsibility in previous positions
- Exceptional writing, interpersonal, organizational, communication and project management skills
- Ability to read code, write code samples, and demonstrated ability documenting REST APIs
- Experience working in a range of delivery and media formats
- Ability to establish successful relationships and work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work, partner, and brief senior leadership
- Ability to work and meet deadlines independently
- Experience working with enterprise applications
- Ability to identify and project plan for business needs
Other important qualities:
- You enjoy working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- You are a driver, a learner, and a doer
- You do what you say you’ll do
- You are highly self-motivated and able to operate with significant autonomy
- You are able to break down complex problems and come up with simple innovative solutions
- You are able to dig deep into problems yet being able to focus on the goals and don’t get lost in the details
- Data is your thing, you love metrics and use metrics to drive projects
- You are willing to build end-to-end and own the machine learning products you build or help build
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, engage, close, and measure progress against best-fit accounts. The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce, and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500, and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.