The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building world-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture, and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
As the Demandbase Data Modeling Architect, you will be responsible for the building and management of data models that support application development, integration, architecture, and strategies across all products. Our engineers need guidance in order to execute efficiently with this enterprise model in mind. You will incorporate industry standards and cross-product and strategic partner perspectives to build and iterate. You will be involved in hands-on modeling for areas as well as guiding the broader Engineering team on all future models.
This role reports to the SVP of Engineering and will start as an individual contributor role (future team build-out is TBD).
What you’ll be doing:
- Be a vocal advocate for technical excellence and help your team make good decisions.
- Create a new data model for Demandbase and our future suite of products
- Work with Engineering and Product Management to brainstorm and create products that are loved by our developers
- Enable team members to effectively declare data model content in data model and governance tools
- Ensure data model designs are consistent with Demandbase architectural roadmap and promote extensibility and usability throughout the organization and its external customers.
- Govern the Demandbase Information Model by ensuring that standards and best practices for data models are followed, including consistent and timely reviews.
- Publish high-quality data models for internal and external consumption.
What we’re looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science
- 10+ years of experience, in the enterprise SaaS environment, in data modeling/management including services and support
- Experience managing centralized, matrixed resources preferred, with a strong focus on effective teamwork across all teams
- The ability to collaborate and persuade cross-functional stakeholders
- Data administration, metadata management, master data management, data architecture, and data quality experience is preferred, but a solid understanding of these principles is required.
- Expert in using one of the major data model tools e.g. Idera ER/Studio Data Architect, Erwin Data Modeler, IBM InfoSphere Data Architect with a strong understanding of logical data modeling versus physical versus DDL required.
- Experience defining multiple relational data models for system of record stores is required; familiarity with NoSQL stores e.g. key-value store, document store, graph store a plus
Why join Demandbase:
- Be part of a rapidly-growing, pre-IPO company
- Opportunity to extend our B2B Marketing leadership position and fast-track innovation behind the leading AI-powered B2B marketing solutions
- Drive the next generation of intelligent CRM technologies and invent how Artificial Intelligence, product design, and applications converge
- Work with a world-class team of engineers, PMs, data scientists, sales and marketers
- Have the flexibility of a start-up with the security of a sizable, well-funded organization Benefits:
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, 100% paid for short-term and long-term disability, 100% paid for life insurance, 401k, flexible vacation policy
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, engage, close and measure progress against best-fit accounts. The biggest and fastest-growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500, and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To-Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.