Our success depends on our ability to create a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment. We’re committed to attracting, developing, retaining and promoting a diverse workforce. By ensuring that every Demandbase employee is able to bring a diversity of talents to work, we’re increasingly capable of living out our mission and providing real insight from our products to support our customers. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds and all walks of life to apply. Come grow with us at Demandbase!
The world’s largest and fastest-growing companies such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign and Salesforce rely on Demandbase to drive their Account-Based Marketing strategy and maximize their B2B marketing performance. We pioneered the ABM category nearly a decade ago, and today we lead the category as an indispensable part of the B2B MarTech stack. Our achievements and innovation would not be possible without the driven and collaborative teams here at Demandbase. As a company, we’re as committed to growing careers as we are to building word-class technology. We invest heavily in people, our culture and the community around us, and have continuously been recognized as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area.
At Demandbase, we are building a B2B marketing platform that leverages our deep expertise in machine learning, natural language processing, and data engineering to solve the most important problems facing B2B marketers today. If you are the person to make sure these insights and technologies are delivered to the customer through a best-in-class user experience, then we should talk.
As Head of Product Design you will drive the design of our product with a customer-centric approach by using insights from user research, metrics, and industry trends to drive usability and design. You will enable the team (of three) to craft an exceptional user experience, injecting personality and delight into our products by defining and driving the future of our ABM platform. You will partner across the organization to help ensure continuity across channels and be a champion for user experience and design standards while upholding and evolving those standards. Your leadership experience should drive UX maturity across the organization in initiatives beyond the design team and help us embrace design thinking at Demandbase.
To apply for the role, you should be recognized as a subject matter expert in the field and have a solid portfolio and can speak to design decisions and direction while providing qualitative and quantitative data. You should be a leader with sharp creative insight with experience championing and promoting design thinking, user research and design best practices company-wide. Due to the COVID pandemic, this role (as with all others) will be remote until the office reopens. This position reports to our Chief Product Officer, Jon Miller.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead, influence, and own the user experience for our platform and building and implementing design vision, processes and systems.
- Establish and reinforce a customer first and design-driven culture within the product team and company-wide.
- Ensure appropriate and actionable user research is being conducted across all phases of the product development lifecycle
- Build, lead, grow, and retain a diverse team of top talent product designers and user researchers
- Collaborate with the design team, product management, data scientists, engineers and other stakeholders to solve design problems and create flexible, intuitive and scalable UI and UX solutions for the platform.
- Effectively communicate design choices & direction to multiple stakeholders (internal and external) by incorporating and articulating design principles while understanding our users.
What we’re looking for:
- 7+ years of work experience (being in the trenches) in product/UX design in the SaaS environment
- 4+ years managing, leading and growing a design team
- Solid tenure throughout your career
- Comfortable with rapid iteration and fast paced work-style
- Experienced in a high growth company whose customers genuinely love the product
- Ability and desire to brainstorm in a team atmosphere and think on your feet
- Demonstrated ability in creating effective product design processes
- Ability to empathize with users with varying backgrounds and needs
- Understanding of key business metrics and data and how it connects to design
- Experience in agile/iterative software cycles, coupled with a deep understanding of user experience methods, best practices, design principles and problem-framing skills.
- Expert knowledge of prototyping tools (e.g. Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite & InVision)
Our benefits include 100% paid for Medical, Dental and Vision for you and your entire family, short-term/long-term disability, life insurance, flexible vacation policy and 401K. Due to the COVID pandemic the Demandbase offices are closed for the foreseeable future. When the office reopens, we also offer commuter benefits, free snacks, catered lunch every Friday, chair massages, weekly yoga and much more!
Demandbase is the leader in Account-Based Marketing (ABM) and an indispensable part of the B2B tech stack. The company offers the only end-to-end ABM platform that helps B2B marketers identify, win and grow the accounts that matter most. The biggest and fastest growing companies in the world, such as Accenture, Adobe, DocuSign, GE, Salesforce and others rely on Demandbase to drive their ABM strategy and maximize their marketing performance. The company has been named to the JMP Securities list “The Hot 100: The Best Privately Held Software Companies,” the Deloitte Fast 500 and named a Gartner Cool Vendor for Tech Go-To Market. In 2019, Demandbase executives authored the definitive book on ABM, Account-Based Marketing: How to Target and Engage the Companies That Will Grow Your Revenue. For more information, please visit www.demandbase.com or follow the company on Twitter @Demandbase.